Premium

Country

Norway

Device

(iPhone SE)

Operating System

(iOS 12.1)

My Question or Issue

I have this problem on both my MacBook and my iPhone. When I play music, doesn't matter if offline or online, the music just stops after some songs and I have to press the next song myself. Do anyone know what this is, it's kinda annoying. Thought maybe it was my phone, but considering it also happens on my MacBook i'm kind of confused.  

By the way, I also have a problem that songs stops playing after precisely 13 seconds, again both offline and online. These songs won't start again, so I just have to skip them. Would appreciate all help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. Could you check if Gapeless Playback is enabled and Crossfade is disabled in Playback section in Spotify Settings?

Make sure iOS is up to date (current version is 12.1.2), and Spotify too (current version 8.4.85). I'd also recommend using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices from your Spotify account page to see if that helps 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. Could you check if Gapeless Playback is enabled and Crossfade is disabled in Playback section in Spotify Settings?

Make sure iOS is up to date (current version is 12.1.2), and Spotify too (current version 8.4.85). I'd also recommend using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices from your Spotify account page to see if that helps 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Tried several of your suggestions at once, and it ended up working!

I tried all of your steps but it could not help me. I am using Android 13 with letest update and also the latest version of Spotify.

Hey there @Vinay007

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community! 

Could you let us know if this is happening across devices or only on a specific one? 

If this only happens on a specific device, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

If the issue persists afterwards, could you give a different internet connection a go to see if the same happens? 

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts