Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Nissan iPhone playback repeats playback (non-carPlay)

Nissan iPhone playback repeats playback (non-carPlay)

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

US

Device

(iPhone X, Nissan sentra 2017)

Operating System

(iOS 13.0)

My Question or Issue

Does anyone have issues with playback on the regular usb interface from nissan? I start playback on whatever was playing, but when i exit and return to the car after a while (say, a quick trip to the grocery store), playback starts at the beggining of whatever queue was playing.

This is hard to explain, but lets say:

• i have songs {a,b,c,d,e,...}
  • unplug the phone while song c was playing and go grab a snack from the gas station.
  • Re-enter car and plug the phone back in
    • Song a from the same queue starts playing wha I've already listened.
    • I wont notice until the songs start to feel very familiar. I know its no big issue but this usually means i have to go to the app and at least hit shuffle songs, but I'd rather keep my eyes on the road instead of unlocking phone/open spotify/swipe down to dismiss now playing/find songs/shuffle play.

I can only speculate that this might have something to do with iOs aggresive mem swapping. Maybe at the gas station i check my back, glance emails, and open up rewards program app. its possible that iOs swapped spotify out of memory, but when I bring it back up in the car it somehow lost track of its place in the now playing queue? I'm not a mobile developer so I dont really understand iOs, but i've had this issue for about 2 years and it frustrates me to look at my phone while driving.

0 Replies

Suggested posts