Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No Chromecast on iOS 11

Solved!

No Chromecast on iOS 11

Recently updated to iOS 11 and there is no longer a devices available button on my Spotify to allow me Chromecast, as you can see in attached photo. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Running version 8.4.18.632. 

Thank you. 

699FEB79-EE6C-4C35-BBDA-4E6F330EBF81.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It s Solved  now! Don’t know exactly why...

update of iOS? Update of Spotify?

whatever : it works on all my phones and iPad and all my CC!

Thank you teams !  Thank you RNG 😉

View solution in original post

11 Replies

I have the same problem. I even restored Chromecast to factory settings. Any solution?

I have found that if you just touch the area where you would normally see the "Devices Available" text it works. 

Hope this helps. 

Same problem here. I click on the “invisible available devices” then select my chrmecast v1 or my chromecast audio. Both don’t work. The spotify application launches, then infinitely wait for the broadcasted song as the tracks is playing on the iPhone.

there seems to be many conflict because my phone has trouble to switch again on the iphone Speaker again.

Hope it will be solve soon, i just i’ve bought my CCAudio and it s useless with this bug.

Good luck !

I have the same problem. Chromecast support says they can't help. Because my Youtube app is working fine, they say Chromecast itself is working fine.

I am experiencing the same issue. Chrome cast audio is no longer functioning properly after iOS 11. I can see the chrome cast options and select them but audio is choppy and cuts out. 

Same for me. Can’t see them. Is this an Apple ploy to move us to Apple Music?

if it doesn’t get fixed soon that ploy might just work!!!

Turn off your bluetooth! I know it's sounds weird, but it works for me. Try it!

We don’t use Bluetooth nor do we have it on.

Marked as solution

It s Solved  now! Don’t know exactly why...

update of iOS? Update of Spotify?

whatever : it works on all my phones and iPad and all my CC!

Thank you teams !  Thank you RNG 😉

You are right. Now I can also see my chromecast audio from both Spotify and tunein apps. 

Maybe Google updated the firmware of the cc audio devices. 

Anyway, everything works as it should. 

**bleep** i was listening to the exact same song as I brought up this article. this is really crazy 

IMG_20171124_223525.jpg

Suggested posts