Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No Heart next to Liked Songs

Solved!

No Heart next to Liked Songs

My Question or Issue

After a recent Spotify update, we can no longer see at a glance (from Playlist view) whether a song is already Liked. The green hearts next to individually Liked songs are gone. 

Instead, Spotify now forces us to play the song, tap on the checkmark, and verify that the song has already been added to the Liked playlist.

This is cumbersome and time consuming. Green hearts next to Liked songs made it easy to see whether the song is Liked or not.. without having to hit Play on the song. It sped up playlist organization process, and ensured I had songs I liked, well, Liked!

Is this a permanent change?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 12 Pro

Operating System

iOS 16.2 (20C65)

See attached for example of the issue

This song on my playlist is already Liked, and also added to a different playlist- so two playlists in total. However, there is no green heart. No green heart on any playlist nor album page.

034DA733-F9C0-4034-8B40-88D44861F5F5.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @HibiscusRose

This is an ongoing experiment taking place. You can find out more about it and add your thoughts here.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @HibiscusRose

This is an ongoing experiment taking place. You can find out more about it and add your thoughts here.

The heard disappeared for me too. I read in another forum post that Spotify is testing new options for this. I do NOT like the new option of adding songs to a playlist. It adds extra steps and makes no sense. Bring back the heart.

@rmofsky

The best place to add your thoughts about this change is this thread.

Thank you. Done.

Plan

Free

Country

France

Device

iPhone 14 pro

Operating System

iOS 17

My Question or Issue

Hello !

On my new iPhone I can’t see the heart near the song in a playlist. so now I don’t know anymore if I already added the song to my liked songs or not. How to fix this ? Thank you !

Here is a screenshot 

IMG_0046.png

Suggested posts