Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No Radio, No Library

No Radio, No Library

The desktop client is pretty good. I use it instead of itunes now. And the iphone client is pretty good if you spend lots of time on the desktop client. Which I don't.

How come there's no kind of library support on the iPhone? Playlists are great and everything, but that's not really how I listen to music. I usually think of an artist I want to listen to and then just listen until I think of something different. Unless I want a playlist fo every artist I like, It's pretty cumbersome to do that with with a playlist and on the iPhone. The only alternative is to search every time. And similarly annoying, there's not much in the way of radio on the iPhone app. Just a few selections from the main window. Why on earth isn't there a little button on the now playing window that lets you start up the radio?

Is this a licensing thing? It's hard to believe an otherwise excellent app (much better than iTunes Match or Rhapsody) would just accidentally be missing such obvious functionality like radio and personal library. Thoughts?

2 Replies

I will be going back to Rdio without library on mobile devices.

This is the reason I switched back to Rhapsody. I like playlists for mixes, but it's more convenient to go to a list of favorite artists, with whatever albums I have chosen under them (much like the iTunes format). If Spotify ever does implement this, I will switch back 🙂

Suggested posts