Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No album cover in offline mode

Solved!

No album cover in offline mode

Hi

I noticed a bug directly after the iOS update. When you're in offline mode, no album covers are visible in the app. However, they are visible in the "locked screen"-view. Please fix this...

89 Replies

apple new ios released software update fixed the artwork bug for the ofline artwork Thanks Apple

Hello, 

I'm experiencing the problem again, and this is really annoying me. I've been loyal to Spotify for 5 years, but this problem is really an issue for me since I use my ipad in off-line mode in my car. The album covers displayed in my on-board computer help me to pinpoint what I'm listening to . Please help and fix this problem once and for all! 

PS. For the record I've tried a clean install, and resynched all my playlist with no success. So please don't recommend me that. Just fix it please.

It will not download the album covers if you're on mobile network and the Sync Over Cellular option is disabled. I tried connecting to a WiFi network and then played the playlist -- the covers were downloaded. I disconnected from the WiFi, closed Spotify and tried again -- the covers were gone. So if you don't want those covers to disappear, do not close the app; just let it run on the background.

@Spotify I think there is a bug in your Sync Over Cellular option that deletes the covers when it's off and the app is restarted.

Summary:

On mobile network, Sync Over Cellular OFF: no album covers.

mobilenetwork_syncOff

On mobile network, Sync Over Cellular ON: album covers are present.

mobilenetwork_syncOn

On WiFi: album covers are present.

This problem is really annoying. It's been over 2 years now since the problem was reported. Is this your customer philosophy, Spotify?

Apple Update changed nothing.

I'm going to leave.

guys please work on it asap!
it gets hilarious 😕

I also have this problem and it is ridiculous that it is still not fixed. It's an easy problem to reproduce so why no resolution? I use an old iPhone with no sim card in my car and sync with WiFi when at home... I really want this fixed!
Marked as solution

Dear friends, how is it possible to pay for a service and have these kind of problems? I demand an immediate solution.

Well, i'm offline and there seems to be cover art for me.

1) Download songs/playlist and wait until there's a green down arrow on each song you downloaded
2) Skip through each song to make sure the cover art loaded for each of them
3) Listen to a song
4) As you're listening, turn wifi/your internet connection off
5) Skip through your music to see if you have all cover art offline

Edit: Might not work for all your songs as in your cover art being downloaded, so repeat the steps as needed. (This was me closing Spotify from the background and relaunching it)

**bleep** ... Skip throug each song ... are you kidding me ???

What a bunch of crappy programmers.

I still have this issue and it has been there since they started !!!

Hi Spotify? Any news on this issue? I can only see covers when I switch mobile network to ON while playing downloaded playlists! The covers are only missing in playlists, my albums all have covers! When I lebe mobile network on it uses 3,7MB for listenting approx.3 songs. Are you kidding us?
IMG_3662.PNG

Suggested posts