Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No album cover in offline mode

Solved!

No album cover in offline mode

Hi

I noticed a bug directly after the iOS update. When you're in offline mode, no album covers are visible in the app. However, they are visible in the "locked screen"-view. Please fix this...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yep, it's a bug in the new version. It should be fixed later on. There is no ETA for the fix at this time.

I have already reported this bug to the iOS developers.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Version 2.1 is now out! All album art bugs should be fixed including the display of album art for local files.

Thanks for your patience and enjoy your album covers!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Marked as solution

Dear friends, how is it possible to pay for a service and have these kind of problems? I demand an immediate solution.

89 Replies
Marked as solution

Yep, it's a bug in the new version. It should be fixed later on. There is no ETA for the fix at this time.

I have already reported this bug to the iOS developers.

MattSudaSpotify Star

hurry with fix on this, im a premium and this cover thing is terrible in offline mode. 😞

I also have this problem. It is really nerve-wracking. Why does it say "fixed" and "go to soluttion" but there is no specific hint for a solution or at least I can't find it...

MattSuda's answer isn't really a solution but it explains the current situation. So the "solved" marker wasn't set because the issue was solved but because the issue is known and we can do nothing but wait for a fix.

After app update on version 1.2.0 i still don't have album covers in offline mode! How is that possible?

premium users it is not a priority in Dev dept... dont have cover art in ofline is basic in my view... nobody other users see it?...why we are just some people asking about this fix.

i already tweet to @eldsjaldont know what else to do 😞

@shubster wrote:

After app update on version 1.2.0 i still don't have album covers in offline mode! How is that possible?

Pay 10 dollars and no album art offline
I may go somewere else
Get it fixed
Make it a pirority

Just like to charm in on this and I realized that the latest iPhone update has solved this problem.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

image.jpg
image.jpg

It's NOT fixxed with the latest release.

When you add a new playlist and then listen to it in offline mode the covers are not shown.

The covers are only shown from songs you have heard in ONLINE mode one times.

From then the covers are also shown in offline mode.

still waiting for the bug fix...

It's NOT fixxed with the latest release.

@ANAME 

@MANFahrer 

Spotify has confirmed that the bug still exists and that the developers are still fixing it. Hopefully the fix will be in a new update soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Still not fixed in 1.5.0 😞

Come on, the very early spotify apps already had this issue, then it was fixed, and reintrocuded with the new 1.0 versions with the new UI - and now it's still there since MONTHS.

It's not only that Album covers are not shown in offline mode - it seems caching of album covers is pretty much broken, so they are redownloaded all the time when in online mode.

This means unneccesarry data consumption and battery drain. In online mode Spotify simply drains the battery much faster than in offline mode (and also much faster than f.e. listing using Apple iPod app) - which is the main reason I always switch to offline, just to get a decent battery life out of spotify. 

In my opinion, the very first priority for mobile app development should be to only download data if it is really, really, really necessary. Simply because data is the battery drainer number one. Especially if you listen in a train a.s.o. where data connection is bad. So if I download tracks offline and play offline tracks (with the audio taking up many many megabytes of space) it should be obvious covers also should be in the cache and traffic should be reduced (even if not in offline mode) to almost zero. You can exchange a few bytes to follow which tracks where played, but that s all.

(ESCALATION DETAILS:)

I realised that in the latest version 1.5.0 it has not been fixed:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/No-album-cover-in-offline-mode/td-p/...

So the idea here is that the album art will vanish while listening on offline mode, I just tested it again the bug is still there, this are the steps to reproduce:
1) Go in the Spotify app
2) Available offline any playlist
3) Switch the app to offline mode (Settings -> Playback)
4) Go to the offline playlist and click on shuffle play (you should see a album art..)
5) Click the next song about 2 or 3 times and from then onwards, all of the album art are all blank.. It just shows a grey song icon.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

i check it too...

new update 1.5 have a  fancy graphic equalizer but not fix the cover art issue for premium user.

priority is blink blink but not performance 😞

And I might add: priority is bling bling and not the paying user. I can confirm that the bug still exists in version 1.5.0 although somebody promised that it will be fixed in version 1.4.x. Spotify should have their priorities right: first fix bugs then play with new features. What a shame...

Hey guys! We're still here and watching this thread. As soon as we have an update on this issue we will post again here. 

Thanks for your patience while we investigate this one for you. 

The tiny one showing but the big one... Not...
image.jpg
image.jpg

Yeah, sure you're watching. It's been only how long? 11 months now? C'mon. Just admit that it's a feature and not a bug. Or should anyone believe that:

a) you need 11 months to look into a bug of a feature that worked flawlessly before you downdated Spotify to the black ages?

b) it is a coincidence that mobile providers like t-mobile don't charge for streaming music but for loading covers and this is exactly what you haven't repaired for so long?

I don't believe in empty promises but in companies that want people's money by squeezing everything out of them.

Suggested posts