No control of app while connected to car stereo.

Re: No control of app while connected to car stereo.

I went into system settings and disabled Spotify as a ‘source’. Worked for me. 

Steven31
Casual Listener

Same problem here please spotify your support

ryanskra
Casual Listener

Sorry, how and where did you remove it as a source? 

bhups83

I managed to do this. I had to do a complete reset and then on the initial start up when reset it takes you to the setup and i've managed to disable spotify.

Teeedog

I experienced the same issue on my Kenwood KMM-BT522HD.

I was able to resolve the issue by performing a factory reset on the headunit. When the headunit is turned on after a reset, I was able to adjust the inital settings. I could see in the manual for the stereo that Pandora, Iheartradio, and Spotify were all able to be individually turned on or off.

After turning Spotify off, when the headunit connects it uses the normal Apple USB setting. It is worth noting that it no longer showed any playlist or song title/artist. The factory reset will also wipe out all of your EQ/Presets/etc that you have configured and they will need to be reset. Totally worth it in my book.

The specifics may be different for your model, but hopefully the general process is similar. All in all, it took less than 5 minutes. If you get stumped, look online for the manual for your stereo. That should outline whether or not the app connections can be disabled.

Best of luck.

ryanskra
Casual Listener
Thanks,

I didn't have to do a Hard Reset, I was able to turn off the Spotify
"automatic" connection so now I connect through the generic bluetooth
connection. Works well but yes you are correct I don't see any tracks on
the display. But I can control using my iPhone. So it works well. I'm
actually using it in a boat and I bought the Marine Dash Controller which
now only controls the volume, not the tracks but all and all it works.

Thanks for the help.

Mr_Twabfish

In my case, it was a simple fix. I have a JVC KW-V230BT  Stereo that I installed in my car, which supports Spotify Control. All I had to do was enter the system menu, and disable Spotify control in the head unit. This stopped the USB plug-in from recognizing Spotify specifically, and instead leaves the radio in iPhone/iPod mode. I can now use the app while connected via USB. 

SamwiseNLD

Set radio to “Standby mode” acces the menu via the volume button. Go to source settings and disable Spotify control.

!! This only works in standby mode !!

wiz3

Wow. Thank you so much. I went to my control on the DAB radio and turned off Spotify as a Source and it works. I can see the display on my phone again for Spotify 😀

SUGGESTED POSTS