Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No green arrow for available offline album

Solved!

No green arrow for available offline album

After the last update, Spotify no longer shows the green arrow icon on the available offline albuns.

That's really grinding my gears in a big list of albuns. 

IMG_2965.PNG

IMG_2964.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This is being looked into and it should hopefully be fixed in a future update. Thanks for your patience. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Getting the same thing, really frustrating as I forget what I've downloaded an like yourself have a loooong list of saved albums.

Can't decide if it's intentional or a bug???

After a recent update to the spotify app (IOS), I have noticed that when I go to My music>Albums, the green download arrow is no longer visible next to the albums I have downloaded.

Why has this gone? Is it coming back?

I use my phone to listen to music in the car, and I have a 1Gb data limit on my phone contract, this feature allowed me to quickly see which albums I could play without streaming.

This is a plus for Apple Music, because this app allows me to switch a toggle and see only the music I have downloaded.

@Digitaltoast @samuelhss

Thanks for the bug report! I have passed it on to be looked into.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hey @Jollygood80

Thanks for the bug report. I have passed it on to be looked into.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I'm seeing this issue too. Plus it looks like you're having a similar issue I'm seeing with albums sorted by artist not working properly. Glad it's not just me!

Marked as solution

This is being looked into and it should hopefully be fixed in a future update. Thanks for your patience. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

It's been fixed! Latest update addresses the issue, thanks for listening Matt.

Woo I helped fix the Spotify app!

In a small way, I just saved the world.

What a day.

@Digitaltoast

Glad to hear! 

MattSudaSpotify Star

No green arrow anywhere?? How could i get this? I'm having premium account....

image.jpg
image.jpg

Hi, as of November 27th, --2017-- this is still an issue... Downloaded albums don't show the green arrow, and when opening such an album, the slider for Download isn't green either. When moving the slider to green, it immediately shows "Downloaded", because the album was downloaded before... Why Spotify isn't listening to these complaints for 2 years now?? I'm on Spotify Premium.

It is now 2022 and download still DOES NOT work!! I have cleared cache, well below limits etc etc But when I click the download buttton on a playlist it just circles forever and does not download anything (even though some tracks are downloaded already from a different playlist!) I've even tried deleting these but still no luck!! When will spotify fix these issues - hardly worth having a premium account!!!

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts. We just came across this thread.

@D-A-B - we're sorry to see that you're having issue with downloading songs. We couldn't replicate this behavior. However we're happy to help so let's take a closer look into this. By the way - great start with the troubleshooting!

To start with, can you try with a different internet connection to see if the issue persists?

It would also be great if you can let us know if this occurs on one specific playlist or multiple playlists?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts