Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No longer syncing offline playlists

No longer syncing offline playlists

Hello, I have been using Spotify premium for some time now with no issues, however, recently I've started to have issues with my offline playlists syncing. I am using a Gen 5 iPod Touch with 5.5GB of space available. I do not have the latest version of Spotify or iOS installed, but I don't really think this makes a difference. When I had this issue before I installed the latest update and it didn't fix it. It seemed there was some sort of 'backup' where I had selected too many playlists to download so it just stopped downloading altogether. When I went to download a new playlist the number of songs would appear at the top of the screen and it was over 100, but the playlist I had selected didn't have that many songs on it so I knew another playlist must still be downloading. It would download a few songs and then the bar would disappear, so I unclicked and reclicked the download button. The same thing happened, so I went to search for the mystery playlist which seemed to be causing me trouble. It took a while, but I finally found all the playlists I previously tried to download, but never finished, and I unclicked all of them. After doing so I went to the new playlist and clicked to download and it did with no issues. But now it's being fussy again, and I don't know why. I have a playlist that is half downloaded, so I keep unclicking and reclicking the download button, but it won't finish downloading the playlist. What could be the issue and how can I resolve it? I read that one option is to uninstall and reinstall Spotify, but I have two issues with that. One, if I uninstall Spotify doesn't that mean I'll have to redownload ALL of my playlists? And two, that would mean the latest version of Spotify would be installed, correct? I'm running out of room and every update takes up more space. Spotify is already taking up the most GB on my iPod as it is. I don't really want to install the latest version unless it's absolutely necessary. On a side note, is it possible that playlists with songs that are not 'downloadable' could be causing this issue? I have several playlists with songs I own, but are not on Spotify, so even though everything else is downloaded and available offline those songs are not so the playlist still says 'waiting to download'. I hope someone can shed some light on this mystery. Thanks.

1 Reply

I am still having this issue and it is extrememly annoying. I would like if someone could help. I wish Spotify had a customer service number so I could speak to someone directly. I never heard of a company that doesn't have a phone service. It's so much easier and faster to solve problems when you can actually speak with someone.

Suggested posts