Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No more space at my library. With premium account

Solved!

No more space at my library. With premium account

Hi!
I'm trying to as new albums and songs soy my Spotify premium account, and doesn't let me. It's says that I have to many songs, and I have to delete albums or songs. Why is that? It's supposed to create as much albums or songs I want isn't?
image.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Spotify has recently changed the song limit. Now, you can download up to 10,000 songs on each of up to 5 different devices. You can read about this in the relevant support article here.

There is an existing idea in the Community which suggests that we lift the song limit altogether. If you are in favour of this, we suggest you head over there and vote for it.

Hope that clears things up! 

Stay awesome 🙂

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Hey @darroba, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Premium accounts can save up to 10,000 songs in Your Music/Your Library. Reaching this limit prevents you from saving additional content. Rest assured we'll pass your feedback on to the right folks.

Any other questions, just give us a shout.

Definitely not going to use Spotify because of this. How could a limit be ok when none of the other services use limits?

I don't get this at all, I am just on a free tiral at the moment 3 weeks into it and was willing to go ahead and subscribe after the trial ended because it is a cool service and I can add albums to my library as I discover them.  I am in my late 30's so obviously over the years will have many artists / albums that I want to add and listen to.

Today it has just given me the epic collection message, no way am I going to remove any songs / albums it defeats the whole point of a product like this.  

The reason that it would upset 99% of users if you extended those that do need an unlimited ilbrary is a nonsense response, if less than 1% ever reach the limite then for that 1% extending their library limits should not be that much of an issue, obviously I don't know what happens behind the scenes to make this happen but I will not be continuing after my trial now as I was not aware of this and it does not suit my needs at all.

I was previously on Apple Music and I was never limited, very dissapointed.

I got the same message today (premium user) and I have to say that this is idiotic. We are not talking about downloading music, we are talking about saving an album to remember that we liked it. What is the point of limiting this? Seriously thinking about stopping the premium account.

Left Spotify just after starting this thread. I now use Google play music and having a much better time. 

Is it possible to increase the space in the Library?
I'm totally disappointed with Spotify for this.

I do not understand this kind of limit because save music in our library does not take up more space.

I just got this dreaded message too. I had no idea there was a limit for the library, and am shocked that there is. Even more shocking is that the limit is only 10,000 songs. That is ridiculous. Spotify admin, can someone respond here about whether or not this crazy policy is being reconsidered?? What could the purpose of this be? All we're doing is basically tagging songs and albums, so I don't see how this could be a big burden on your servers or anything - surely Spotify is aware of how easy it is to select more than a measly 10,000 songs. 😞

Just reached this message today. Super disappointing stuff, Spotify. I hope you work towards getting rid of this limit in the future, especially for premium users. 

Same problem, what a shame. Not realy cool. 

Disappointing as a premium user. Will be leaving soon. See ya Spotify.

Yea I was actually thinking about switching to Spotify becasue Apple Music has been getting on my nerves lately. When I figured out there were limited libraries, I decided not to go with Spotify. Especially since they charge the same as others.

Hey Spotify... Seriously? No response to this issue at all? This is probably your biggest problem, as more and more people will be reaching 10,000 songs over time, and you act like it doesn't matter, even though it's a pretty easy fix and would make such a huge difference for your paying customers. Come on, surely you're better than this!

I just got the message today too. If they do not fix it the next couple of months, I will surely be changing service.

29472351_10156206337309518_1039716135303380992_o.jpg

I have also just discovered this "limit". Why am I paying for a premium account just to have silly limitations imposed?

I have also been finding the interface clunky and slow on my laptop. 

Work out your bugs Spotify. You are now the biggest music media streaming service out there!!

I think I will leave for Google Music. 

Ummm, I just got an email saying that a solution had been found to this problem... and the so-called solution takes me to the post from the Spotify admin who simply confirms the problem, and says she'll pass on the feedback from all these unhappy subscribers. Spotify, that is not anything close to a solution, but you marked this issue solved??? What is going on?

So you've labelled this a solution??? That makes no sense. This is the opposite of a solution.

I just got this error message. I so disappointed and and frustrated. When we pay to have a premium account  how dare you limit what we save? Maybe I will have to look into Apple as others are doing. You're not the only music service out there. 

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Spotify has recently changed the song limit. Now, you can download up to 10,000 songs on each of up to 5 different devices. You can read about this in the relevant support article here.

There is an existing idea in the Community which suggests that we lift the song limit altogether. If you are in favour of this, we suggest you head over there and vote for it.

Hope that clears things up! 

Stay awesome 🙂

Suggested posts