Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No playable files issue

No playable files issue

hi, I drive a Mercedes c300 and have Spotify premium on iPhone XS Max. I love having album covers up while my phone is connected to my car but when I connect to Bluetooth all song info shows up except the album cover and if I connect with usb to my phone, music plays but the display just says no playable files. I let it go and didn’t really care until the other day my friends connected his phone with usb and album covers were showing up on the screen as well as the song playing, I’ve tried everything and can’t seem

to get it work, restarted phone, reinstalled app, and trying to find something in my car settings or phone setting but nothing is working. 

thanks!!

2 Replies

Hey there @Cyberbunny786!

Thanks for reaching out to us and sorry for the delayed reply.

Just to double check, could you confirm for us that you performed a clean reinstall instead of a regular one to clear any old files that might be causing issues?

If that doesn't do it for you, we'll need to know your phone's model and OS versions and if you can try playing music when you're logged in on a friend's or a family member's account.

Screenshots of what you see will be very helpful to our investigation as well.

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I solved this problem by adding one music file to the library of the Apple Music app. And now on my wonderful Mercedes, the music works perfectly via Spotify.

Just use the latest version of iTunes and upload 1 music track to your iPhone through it.

Link to the latest version of iTunes: https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1977?locale=en_US

Suggested posts