Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

iPhone 7, Apple Watch 3

Operating System

Up to date

My Question or Issue

Ever since the spotify app released for the Apple Watch, I've been waiting for a way to select a specific song in a playlist, rather than just the playlist. So when I walked into a friend the other day, I was surprised to hear that he actually had the ability to select songs on his apple watch 4. 

My question is, do I need to enable this function somewhere on my watch or iphone? Because I have already updated all the software and the apps to the most recent version. Or is this just an apple watch 4 feature, if so, will we get this feature on apple watch 3 as well?

3 Replies

Hey @Floris1999, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

That's a great question. I'd recommend checking out this support article, for more info about what Apple Watch can do using the Spotify app.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello and thanks for the response!

I’ve looked online everywhere, and was not able to find a distinct feature called ‘song selection’ or something similar. Meanwhile, my friend is able to select songs on his apple watch 4. So my question is, is this an apple watch 4 exclusive feature, or can we expect this feature for the series 3 as well?

Hey, @Floris1999.

Thanks for the response! 

I honestly haven't heard of that feature, and I also have an Apple Watch Series 3, but to enjoy all the features, you'll need to have:

• iPhone 5 or above, running iOS 10.0 and above.
  • Apple Watch on watchOS 4.0 and above.

If you don't have it, Spotify can't guarantee it will work. 

I hope this helps 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts