Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No songs in my Playlists on my Iphone 4

Solved!

No songs in my Playlists on my Iphone 4

Bear with me, im not that technical! Basically Ive been paying £4.99 per month for spotify, made loads of playlists, sit and listen to them on my laptop. However I now have an Iphone 4 and I downloaded the app, logged into my Spotify account and although I can see the playlist titles I created, each one is saying '0 songs'. So I have playlist heading but no actual songs. What am I dong wrong? Always used to be fine on my Ipod Touch?!?! Cheers in advance

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello there,

If you don't have Premium, then in the newer versions of the Spotify iOS application, it will state "0 songs". If you enter the playlist, you should see some of the tracks. 

The top is an example of an account on a Premium subscription, while the bottom  doesn't have Premium. You still can search for tracks and add them to playlists, but you won't be able to stream them. You can read more into the different subscription right here.

photo 1.PNG

photo 2.PNG

Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello there,

If you don't have Premium, then in the newer versions of the Spotify iOS application, it will state "0 songs". If you enter the playlist, you should see some of the tracks. 

The top is an example of an account on a Premium subscription, while the bottom  doesn't have Premium. You still can search for tracks and add them to playlists, but you won't be able to stream them. You can read more into the different subscription right here.

photo 1.PNG

photo 2.PNG

Airhorn Enthusiast

Ahhh right, so if I upgrade to Premium I will get my playlists?. I guess what threw me was that t used to be fine on my Ipod Touch, I gather this is because it wasn't the latest version (I am aware I must sound like a complete div, but im just so not up with this technical stuff!) Seems silly really, that I pay £4.99 a month and I can't access them on my phone, but hey ho. Thanks all the same 🙂

I have a similar problem and upgraded to premium - and still - some of my playlists aren't even listed and it's not syncing with changes I make to playlists that are there. HELP!

Upon further inspection, I searched for a track I wanted to hear and when it found it I was promptly told that I could only 'stream' if I was a premium member!...no way of adding any new songs as suggested above...am I doing something wrong? I get that the new version won't show the songs in my playlist...but when I seach for something new!?!?!

If you want to see all tracks in your playlist, you can go to Settings and disable the Hide Unavailable Tracks switch. Then you'll see all tracks in your playlists, but you still won't be able to stream them since you're not a Premium subscriber (£4.99 means you have an Unlimited subscription).

You can add new tracks to your playlists by swiping on them and then tap + in the menu that appears. But, again, you won't be able to stream anything on mobile unless you have a Premium subscription.

Suggested posts