Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No suggested songs for iPhone?

Solved!

No suggested songs for iPhone?

I've probably missed this, but I can't seem to find any information whatsoever about the lack of the ''Suggested songs'' part under playlists for Apple users. My buddy using an Android device frequently brags about how he'd find great songs because of these suggested songs. Might someone enlighten me wether it's true that this feature is unavailable for Apple users (read: iPhone) or am I doing something wrong?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Portonova!

Hmm, it sounds like your friend is enrolled in a test. You can read more about that here. Also, something similar is available on desktop. Just open a playlist you made and scroll down:

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 16.33.02.png

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @Portonova! Welcome to the community!

Your friend probably meant Discover Weekly. You can find (and follow) it in: 'Browse > Discover > Discover Weekly." Discover_weekly_twitter.png

Discover Weekly is updated every monday and based on what you listen. Just give me a shout if you have any other questions.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Thanks for the suggestion, but he did not mean Discover Weekly, for I have that too. No, I mean the list with ''suggested songs'' that appear under your personal playlists, such as ''Favorites''. If my friend scrolls all the way down it shows a small list, like 5 songs, suggested from the songs that are in the playlist itself. If I scroll to the bottom on my device, it doesn't show these suggested songs.

Marked as solution

Hey @Portonova!

Hmm, it sounds like your friend is enrolled in a test. You can read more about that here. Also, something similar is available on desktop. Just open a playlist you made and scroll down:

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 16.33.02.png

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Thanks for your addition. I happen to know more people with Android devices who can use this feature, if not all users. Made me wonder if Apple is being left out and why. I hope this will be implemented in my phone shortly too, can't wait to find new songs! Discover Weekly songs rarely make it to any of my playlists, sadly enough.

If this is truly a test from Sporify, then Spotify can do me a solid one and enroll me too! I think I'll test it more frequently than most users. 😛

This is how it looks like on Android. When you scroll down in a play list you'll see the suggested songs based on the songs you have in the play list. It is not like discover weekly, but more specific.
Screenshot_20170207-234354.png

On my playlist there are no suggested songs on my iPhone or my computer. Can someone help me out

Unfortunately I can't help, the suggested songs just magically appeared for me one day some time ago. I didn't do anything. I still believe that this is a feature under development and randomly selected deviced get to test it.

note: only a limited amount of playlist show the suggested songs, try making your own (public) playlist, did it work?

note2: both pics show the bottom of a playlist

IMG_8530.PNG
IMG_8531.PNG

Suggested posts