Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No sync of offline tracks

Solved!

No sync of offline tracks

Premiun user. iPhone 4S. Tracks in playlists that are set to offline mode simply do not download.  ??

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ooooops,

David forget my previous reply. It was my fault. I WAS NOT UNDER WIFI! when I thought I was.

Spotify works fine.

Thank you very much and sorry for the confusion.

yerbouti

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi there,

I have a Spotify Premium account but my iPhone displays all my tracks as gray and won't let me play them. In short, my iPhone keeps saying I don't have a Premium account. What should I do?

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Strange. Are you connected to WiFi? If not, you might need to turn on the "Sync via 2G/3G" option in the settings of the Spotify application. Although bare in mind this will count toward your data usage, and if you're syncing a lot of tracks, this will shoot up rather fast.
Airhorn Enthusiast

I am connceted to wifi. If I activate sync over 2G/3G, files are downloaded. Obviously as you say, I don´t want that option since the number of files is pretty high. It worked over wifi up over wifi up until last month aprox. Now it does not. Not at home or at work. I am completely lost.

Hmm. My first suggestion would be to perform a clean reinstallation of Spotify. However, any offline playlists you have managed to sync already will need to be resynced. But hopefully this will get the Wi-Fi functionality working.

* Delete the Spotify application from your iPhone/iPod. To do this, press and hold the application until it hovers and then press the X symbol.
* Restart your iPod/iPhone.
* Install Spotify again from the AppStore.
Airhorn Enthusiast

David,

I did as you said: uninstall, reboot iphone, reinstall spotify  from Appstore. Then I start spotify, go to any playlist and set to offline. Being under wifi coverage problem remains: no download over wifi; download only over 2G/3G. (And now I´ve lost all predownloaded files).

Before this process, there was a message from the main information page on iphone (the one that pops up when you scroll your finger on the screen from the very top down) saying something like: "Spotify stopped downloading files - 32 days ago"

Can it be something related to IP settings on iphone? DNS?

I thank your assistance in advance but I need you to investigate more. To me it is a major issue.

Reagrds

Marked as solution

Ooooops,

David forget my previous reply. It was my fault. I WAS NOT UNDER WIFI! when I thought I was.

Spotify works fine.

Thank you very much and sorry for the confusion.

yerbouti

Marked as solution

Hi there,

I have a Spotify Premium account but my iPhone displays all my tracks as gray and won't let me play them. In short, my iPhone keeps saying I don't have a Premium account. What should I do?

I had this issue, I restarted Spotify in Administrator Mode.

Close Spotify.

Goto the Icon.

Right Click > Run As Administrator

That fixed my issue.

Hey 

I'm heaving the same problem as the first post in this thread.

My phone gets stuck on the first track while syncing and doesnt go any further.

The device shows upp in the spotify. Never had a problem with syncing earlier.

I've tried to wipe the slate clean in the reseting of offline playliste, didnt't help.

Then tried to the troubleshooting steps , didnt work.

I have an premiun account so yeah I really want the offline playlists to work.

Which it hasnt and now since I reset my offline devices I cant even play the list as it was synced to a certain level until the resetting.

Please some help?

Thanks in advance.

Suggested posts