Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No volume control on Spotify connect

No volume control on Spotify connect

Hi, 

Am using Spotify connect from my iphone  to control an Ipad that is connected to speakers. 

Both ios devices use ios 7.0.3 and the same version of spotify which is 0.9.0

Firstly, in my view it is quite annoying that the ipad has to have auto lock disabled and thus be on and burn battery constantly to be able to control via spotify connect. 

More importantly, i am not able to control volume on the ipad from my iphone - its like its greyed out. 

Anyone else have this problem ? 

34 Replies

You can, you use the iPhone/Pads volume control.

Ehm, what? Of course I can change the volume on my phone by using those buttons. The thing is, I want to change the volume using my computer only.

This definitely used to be possible, I could change the spotify volume on my macbook pro, ipad or iphone from either device using the spotify connect feature...

It's seriously annoying having to get up and walk the few metres over to the speaker dock everytime I want to change the volume now.

Why would they get rid of this feature, it probably got broken like most spotify features often do between updates. Although I've only ever updated the software on my macbook pro, due to the updates being forced on you. Such a frustrating application!

Ok I figured it out with the help of a Spotify user. For the iphone6s go to your library icon at the bottom right and click on that. At the top on the right is a cog icon. Hit that and then click on devices. The volume bar is there. Why it is so hidden I have no idea.

I'm on Nexus 6, Mac osx and windows but I also can't control the volume on my Nexus 9 tablet. I would really like seeing this feature being added.

So with the latest update I can control the volume on my Mac from my IPhone, but still can't control the volume of the iPad from the IPhone. Anyone knows anything about this?

I have the same problem.

I have the same issue. Would like to control the volume on my iPad from my iPhone. 

Another user here that would like to control the volume on my iPad from my iPhone, please add this feature! Pretty much the last thing preventing me from switching over from Apple Music.

Migrate to iOS Music.

Yup, doesn't work from my iPhone to (older). I'm trying to use my old iPhone to play through my receiver since the Roku app was annoyingly removed, right before Christmas no less like a holiday kick in the nuts.

Yep - same problem here - this is very annoying. On an iPhone the volume control appears (on the lock screen, but not in the App), but it just doesn't actually *do* anything to the output volume on the iPad. But it can control my Mac...thus a clear bug.

Is there a way to contact Spotify Support Directly?

Happily moved to the Apple Music more than a year ago. No regrets. 

A420D249-D595-445C-B3E2-14678910A122.png

Can you control an iPad from an iPhone on AppleMusic?

It's end of 2023 and this has still not been fixed? Still experiencing this issue. Guess it will never be fixed then. Might be Apple policy or something...

Suggested posts