Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Non Facebook friends missing on iPhone5

Non Facebook friends missing on iPhone5

I just updated the spotify app on my iPhone 5 and all of my friends who do not have Facebook have disappeared from my friends list. I can't find them to share music with them... Will you guys be sending another update soon to resolve this issue? Thanks

it has been over a year and a half, someone marked this as solved.. this is definitely not solved. is this even being worked on???

108 Replies

Did you used to be able to view them? 

I can't remember seeing any of my non-Facebook friends on iOS in a long time!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This happened to me after update today too.

Also....since I AM the non-facebook user....I have disappeared from all of my friends lists, and I can't see any friends on my ios anymore...help.

I kept checking the forum looking for a post on this.. And hadn't found anything. Good to know I'm not the only one :(( I hope others speak up and they rectify this in the next update SOON

@Peter I was able to see them before I updated the app yesterday

Yeah.... this is a real drag.  My friends and I are very active in sharing our daily music and I'm completely out of it now....

Thanks for posting!

Same problem here. Frustrating as my Facebook friends have awful taste in music 🙂

Is there an official way to report a bug?   I don't tweet either, and can't figure out where to report this in an offical forum.  Any thoughts?

I tweeted @spotifycare and gave them more info, no reply yet though

I've escalated this as an issue via the community super user channel too 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

To be honest I wouldn't bother. Spotify has always been incredibly buggy on all platforms and most releases make it worse. To be a Spotify customer you just have to accept it.

Same problem 😞

hoping that this will be fixed soon..

Made the mistake of updating my iPad and now I'm having the same issue there -_-

Same issue for me; all my friends are gone (not using Facebook) and I can't share any songs (which really is a large part of the fun w Spotify). Spotify; fix it ASAP....

Totally the same since updating. Am becoming reluctant to trust spotifys updates.

I also have had this problem since the last updated Facebook friends were previously available but since the update have disappeared completely

This issue was not corrected in the update released today (7.5), sadly.  Still can't see non-facebook friends.  It works, however, in the iOS 4.0 version of the app.

iOS 7 and the 7.5 version of the app = still no non-facebook friends in the list.  Any ETA on a fix, Spotify?

Same here on ios7 and latest Spotify app version

lost mine on my iPhone 4s.

Get your freaking act together spotify.  

You fix one thing and then break another.

Suggested posts