Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not able to sync songs for offline playlist(s) Iphone 4s, latest install, latest updates for iOS.

Solved!

Not able to sync songs for offline playlist(s) Iphone 4s, latest install, latest updates for iOS.

As the subject states; I cant properly sync my songs on my iphone. It s EXTREMELY slow. Ive been looking arond the iOS Forums for solutions, and I've tried most of it, and nothing works.

Also, spotify won't let me sync more than 19 songs at a time, before it crashes, and then I have to reboot Spotify, and sync another 19 songs, reboot, sync another 19 songs and so on.

New Iphone 4S with latest updates.

Latest install of Spotify from App Store.

Version 0.5.4.13

Not jailbroken

Tele 2 as mobile phone operator, Norway

Latest update on Spotify for PC

Username: Rubenyow

Tried:

reinstalling, reboot, plug in and out of mac, sync with and without a PC/MAC, deleting cache, safari data etc, resynced, tried different qualities, making new playlists, deleting playlists, and so on!

Please help!

Note:

I have been paying for spotify since early closed beta. Please keep it that way.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi!  I'm using version 0.7.1.23 Spotify on my iphone 4.  You can find the 'Sync Over 2G/3G' in Spotify under Settings.  Select 'Music Quality' and scroll down to the bottom.  You'll see a switch to select 'ON'.

It definitely does work -- but have noticed that on a few occassions I had to go back into my Settings and Switch the 'Sync over 2G/3G' on and off for it to actually sync.  Its kinda a pain but it does resolve the issue.

You can also turn on/off your phone and it syncs right away but who has time for that.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

104 Replies

Same here! App loses offline tracks when closed. All songs stop after roughly 20 sec. And NO songs will play using stream. It just broke 2 days ago. No jailbreak, no funny stuff. Just an updated iphone with spotify.

Please update the app!

Hi guys,

I've just changed a few bits in your accounts, could you guys try re-syncing and trying again?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thank you Sam, but nothing seems to work on the app! I'll try some thing, hopefuly it will be resolved soon!

Turned the phone off and on again. Everything seems to be ok now!

I have had no problem syncing songs for offline play. Do it all the time. However yesterday I started having problems. For awhile it would sync a portion of the playlist, but not all of it. Right now only a portion of my "Christmas" playlist is synced. I have available space on my iPhone and am well under the max songs Spotify allows to he synced offline.

hi !

i have a iPhone 4 , not jail broken.

for some reason every time i try and make a new playlist in offline mode , my phone wont show me if a song is syncing or not.

also one of my songs has a (!) mark next to it.

any help?

Same here.  Trying to sinc a playlist on my iPhone for offline play and no dice.  Not sure when this problem started, as I hadn't tried it any time in the past few weeks until yesterday, but it's still not syncing today. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi guys, have you tried fully closing the app and restarting it?

Also, as mentioned, turn your phone off every now and then. It actualy helps.

I have tried turning off my phone and turning it on multiple times. I have also restarted the app multiple times. I have 4G LTE and Wifi on my iphone 5 and spotify still doesn't sync my offline playlists. 

My playlists wont sync PLEASE FIX IT

MY SONGS WOND SYNC ON MY I POD PLEASE HELP ME

Hey 🙂 

Have you tried a clean reinstallation of the app?

Also can you describe what happens when you try to make a playlist available offline?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Description

I used to be able to sync my songs, but recently it just stopped.  I did a clean install of the app, but to no avail.

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. First I tried toggling the avail offline switch

2. Then I deleted the app and reinstalled

3. Then tried syncing again, but it didn't work (see attached images)

What I expected to happen

To have all my playlist music synced for offline use

What actually happened

Only one song synced, the rest have a orange ! icon or gray download icon

My iPad/iPhone model

iPhone 4S

Device’s Operating System

Is your device jailbroken?

No

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

6 and 2 are synced for offline use

My mobile Spotify version

My provider and country

AT&T, US

My username

ChrisRBoggs

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

photo 1.PNG

Is there a fix for this or do I need to stop paying for the premium account?

I also have this issue. Apps won't go to availible offline after pressing YES available offline. Instead of a green up arrow next to the songs, or even the songs attempting to download, a gray up arrow appears and it doesn't appear to download anything at all.

Already tried deleting app and reinstalling.

Okay, i am an idiot and have fixed it by checking my options again!!!

Double post <sorry!>

Logout then login again, seems to get my syncing going again...

Same issue and I tried logging in and out, deleting the app, etc.  Turns out I was low on disk space on the iPhone. Deleted some old Audible.com files and reopened the Spotify app.  

It would be nice if they app threw up a little error message or something.

i have the same problem. i turned the offline mode on and now of my playlists will sync on the offline mode even though i set them to be avaible on offline mode

Suggested posts