Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not able to sync songs for offline playlist(s) Iphone 4s, latest install, latest updates for iOS.

Solved!

Not able to sync songs for offline playlist(s) Iphone 4s, latest install, latest updates for iOS.

As the subject states; I cant properly sync my songs on my iphone. It s EXTREMELY slow. Ive been looking arond the iOS Forums for solutions, and I've tried most of it, and nothing works.

Also, spotify won't let me sync more than 19 songs at a time, before it crashes, and then I have to reboot Spotify, and sync another 19 songs, reboot, sync another 19 songs and so on.

New Iphone 4S with latest updates.

Latest install of Spotify from App Store.

Version 0.5.4.13

Not jailbroken

Tele 2 as mobile phone operator, Norway

Latest update on Spotify for PC

Username: Rubenyow

Tried:

reinstalling, reboot, plug in and out of mac, sync with and without a PC/MAC, deleting cache, safari data etc, resynced, tried different qualities, making new playlists, deleting playlists, and so on!

Please help!

Note:

I have been paying for spotify since early closed beta. Please keep it that way.

104 Replies

Hi everyone

I had similar problems with my iPhone 5 and iPad 4, using a Windows laptop as the master. I was syncing local files with no problem and then suddenly - it just wouldn't do it. So, I checked the Spotify forums and tried the following, which appears to have worked!

Firstly, I closed Spotify on the Laptop, and killed the app/process on both iOS devices.

Then I turned the iOS devices off.

I then went and turned my router on and off.

Once the router was up and running again, I turned on both iOS devices.

I then booted up Spotify on the Windows laptop.

Finally, I opened Spotify on the iOS devices and boom - started syncing immediately.

Thank God! 🙂

Hope it works for you if you're having similar problems.

JB

Hi. 

I am having super trouble my phone wont sync the songs to play offline, it will do it for about 5 seconds and then stop- so i have to turn the avaliable offline thing on and off again to trick it for another 5 seconds. Not much fun.

Any ideas anyone?

Definately worth checking your disk space, thanks to Eclipse75048 on the previous page I thought to check (under settings, general, usage) and only had ~80mb left. I deleted some unused videos and away it's going!!! Well, it's up to 5, after about 5 mins - so still slow but at least it's working. Thanks guys 🙂

I have made the experience that if you delete some other data from your phone/iPad and than try logging out and in again, the synchronization works again. 

Have you tried freeing up some space on your device, been struggling my self and that seemed to fix the problem. looks like you need a bit more than 200mb free space or something to start syncing.

hope that helps

I am also having the same problem trying to sync my playlists on my iPhone 4S.  Everything was fine previously, but now one of my playlists is slow to sync to the point it is only syncing about 20 songs and then stops and inevitably won't download the majority of the list. 

Can anyone help advise what to do?

Thanks

Just got iPhone 5 - and am having this problem. Trying to sync 5 playlist offline, it takes a long time to get just a couple of songs. Had spotify on my Samsung Galaxy and never had this issue. Do I need to make the offline playlist unavailable on my old Galaxy to get this to work faster (or even work at all??)

The sound quality on my account was really bad... So I read that I should try a clean installation. I deleted my app and re installed it; now it sounds great but only about five songs from my offline playlists sync. I have deleted the app four times and still nothing. I have an iPhone 5 and a premium account.

Please help!!

iPhone slow offline sync is a known bug that spotify is working on.

I've got the same problem, this is ridiculous. Why would I pay 10 euro's every month for a failing service? You're losing customers Spotify, cause I can imagine I'm not the only one who's irritated about it

This is an sbolute joke. I've got the same issue and there is just some guy who pops in and says 'ive made some changes, please check now" then pisses off when that doesnt help. Great support.

Having one of the main features of your application **bleep** its pants in such a spectacular fashion after public release is frankly embarrassing. So glad im just on the trial, will not be paying.

I have an iPhone 4 not jail broke and my songs won't sync so I can listen to them offline. It worked perfectly fine on my iPad but just won't work on my phone.

Help?

I can't sync offline playlists, or let alone sync any songs on my ipod touch. i am on premium and it just decided to stop working,

I have added new songs etc to playlists from my macbook pro - the ipod touch has the green pulsating lines next to playlists as though it is syncing but is making no progress at all. Not only can I not play new songs, but songs that have been synced/ been able to be played before are now unable, even when connected to wifi...I have tried turning on and off, logging in and out and nothing is working. please helllllp

Having the exact same problem, have tried my home wifi, the one at work which i administrate so there are no firewall rules preventing it from synching, it has worked up until the last week or so.  I have closed the app, power cycled the phone to no avail.

I clnected to wifi this morning and it synced no problem, try turning of your phone and then back on and connecting to wifi

Searched many forums as well and noticed others have been experiencing same issue... i've tried many different things, like uninstalling the app, turning phone off then back on and reinstalling, but no help... songs stream well, but they just wont download for offline use, which is mainly the reason why i need Spotify, train, plane, etc. I tried downloading through WiFi, no luck.. tried through 3G, wont work as well.. always the same issue: 1st song starts to load a little bit,but it never completes the download, not even for one song! tried logging in and out of account a few times, still no luck... please help!! 

Hello!

I am having the same problem after I reinstalled my iphone 4.

At the moment I am running spotify on 2 x macbooks. They are working fine.

On the iphone almost none of my playlists will load and I cant make songs available for offine use (I have a premium acc).

So any help on how to make me a happy spotifier would be greatly appreciated.

My iphone has doesn't load the songs that i want to download.  I'm paying for a premuim subscription but it's been weeks since it's been working well. What do i need to do to fix this issue?

that does not help i don't understand what that link is.

how do I sync my spotify music offline on my iPhone?

Suggested posts