Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not able to sync songs for offline playlist(s) Iphone 4s, latest install, latest updates for iOS.

Solved!

Not able to sync songs for offline playlist(s) Iphone 4s, latest install, latest updates for iOS.

As the subject states; I cant properly sync my songs on my iphone. It s EXTREMELY slow. Ive been looking arond the iOS Forums for solutions, and I've tried most of it, and nothing works.

Also, spotify won't let me sync more than 19 songs at a time, before it crashes, and then I have to reboot Spotify, and sync another 19 songs, reboot, sync another 19 songs and so on.

New Iphone 4S with latest updates.

Latest install of Spotify from App Store.

Version 0.5.4.13

Not jailbroken

Tele 2 as mobile phone operator, Norway

Latest update on Spotify for PC

Username: Rubenyow

Tried:

reinstalling, reboot, plug in and out of mac, sync with and without a PC/MAC, deleting cache, safari data etc, resynced, tried different qualities, making new playlists, deleting playlists, and so on!

Please help!

Note:

I have been paying for spotify since early closed beta. Please keep it that way.

104 Replies

do you have Spotify Premium?

@Pajamasox wrote:
Try clicking "allow sync over 2G/3G" or whatever it says.
I did that, and all my tracks immediately started syncing.
Even though I'm on an iPhone 5 on LTE, this was the only way to get my playlists offline.
Hope that helps.

Hey!

I tried to do this on the latest version of Spotify for iOS but realised there was no longer an option in settings > playback for "allow over 2G / 3G" but when I downloaded Spotify for iOS4 (which is separate app on the App Store) I flicked the 2G / 3G option and, as you said, it seems the tracks have started syncing again. 

The version of Spotify I had been using was 7.1.23 with iOS 6.1.3. I'm now runing Spotify for iOS4 on the same iOS 6. Strange. 

Cheers for the tip!

Hi,  Is this still an issue?  Looks like this forum is over a year old.  I too am having problems syncing from my MAC to iPhone playlists.  When I re-install or turn off my phone that is the only time it will sync.  Please tell me I don't have to do this everytime.  Dear lawd!

fixed:  "allow sync over 2G/3G" turned on and it syncs like a charm.

Hey, Which version of Spotify are you using? And where is the "allow 2G/3G" on the version you are using?

Thanks!
Marked as solution

Hi!  I'm using version 0.7.1.23 Spotify on my iphone 4.  You can find the 'Sync Over 2G/3G' in Spotify under Settings.  Select 'Music Quality' and scroll down to the bottom.  You'll see a switch to select 'ON'.

It definitely does work -- but have noticed that on a few occassions I had to go back into my Settings and Switch the 'Sync over 2G/3G' on and off for it to actually sync.  Its kinda a pain but it does resolve the issue.

You can also turn on/off your phone and it syncs right away but who has time for that.

Hope this helps.

Baba1989 same here. I've just spent over an hour trying to sync my playlist. and it's not even that big, only 135 songs.

@SamAngel-Bello wrote:
Baba1989 same here. I've just spent over an hour trying to sync my playlist. and it's not even that big, only 135 songs.

Do you have at least 500MB of free space on your device? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

So I'm having the same problem on my iPhone 4S.

These pages are streams of questions from users... is anyone from Spotify actually gonna help with an answer?

Please?

There are answers too. Try the steps in this post first. If that doesn't help, could you post some more information to help with troubleshooting your problem:

• A more detailed description of the steps you took
  • What actually happens/what should happen
  • Your iPhone model
  • Your iOS version
  • Do you have a premium subscription 
  • Is your device jailbroken?
  • Approximately how many playlists do you have?
  • Please also include how many, more or less, of those playlists are synced for offline use
  • Your mobile Spotify version
  • Your desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION

You cannot sync unlimited songs and playlists. I had to turn off offline mode on 5 of my diferent playlists and then the one i wanting starting syncing.

@rdodoubleg is correct here.

With Spotify Premium you can store a maximum of 3,333 tracks (per device) on up to 3 devices. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

My Spotify offline sync used to work for last couple years without a problem. Recently I started having sync issues, I tried all solutions and none helped.

I tried many many many use cases and problem seemed to be related to detection if iPhone is on WiFi. When I turn "sync over 2G/3G" it starts to sync immediately. It stops as soon as I turn it off despite fact I'm connected to WiFi and it certainly syncs over WiFi (it is too quick to be over 3G).

Hi im having this problem, syncs a few then just stops!

I'm not sure if this will solve your issue, but all of my syncing problems were related to not enough available storage on my phone.  When I made more room available, all of my songs were able to sync properly.

I bought Taylor Swift's new album 1989, downloaded it to my computer and then added the playlist to spotify via itunes. I synced my phone with my computer so the Taylor Swift CD would be on my phone and I made all of the playlists available offline. The songs will only play on spotify on my computer but whenever I try to play them on my phone, it says "song not synced, you can sync it on your computer." When I click on learn more it says "Mark the playlist containing this song for Offline Sync on your computer or this iphone." Please help, I am so confused.

Same problem now. I have 5G space avaible on my phone for 300 songs, should be eneough but Spotify won't sync the songs offline. Stays on 1 (and even that one isn't sync). How to fix it 😞 . Got a iPhone 4s, iOS 8.1.2, my wifi is good and 5.2gb avaible.

@mirny93 @Crimyclown 

There is a current bug that causes any local files with (parenthesis, commas, dashes, etc.) to not sync.

The developers are currently investigating this bug. 

Hopefully it will be fixed soon in an update soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

I hav e Big syncing problems!! 1 song takes 1 hour and after 25 songs it show that it are syncing but no more songs are being downloaded.

I have two iphone 4S, with IOS 7.1.2 and 8.1.2, no jailbreak, both of them are having the exact same problem. Premium spotify sub., there are 2 playlists that I want to sync for offline use, 430 songs. i have 1,3 GB free disc space on the iphone.

Version of spotify in the both phones 2.2.02464.

Verson of spotify desktop version 0.9.15.27.g87efe634. Mac OS X Yosemite version 10.10.1

Internet router 100/100 Mbps, internet and spotifystreming are perfekt, but offline sync are terrible slow.

Have tried to log of the app and restart the iphone, even delete the app and download a new from app store. I have tryed to change from normal syncing quality to high and extreme. Nothing of this solved my problems. I have even tryed with an pc with win 7, no different at all.

Plz help me, im being crazy to not solve the problem.

//Martin

@Mawa23 

Are you syncing MP3s (local files) from your computer? Or are these songs that are available on Spotify?

To sync playlists with lots of songs, you need to leave the app open. If you close the app, the syncing will stop.

I suggest you turn Auto-Lock off in your iPhone settings so you can plug in your phone and leave the Spotify app open while it syncs.

Go into your iPhone settings:

Settings --> General --> Auto-Lock --> switch it to "Never"

Also, you said you are trying to download 430 songs with 1.3 GB of space left. Depending on how long each song is and what quality you choose, those 430 songs could end up taking more than 1.3 GB of space. If your iPhone gets down to only 200 MB of space available, the Spotify app will stop syncing. You have to have more than 200 MB of space available for Spotify to continue syncing.

Then when you are done, make sure to go back into your iPhone settings and turn "Auto-Lock" back on.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts