Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not getting my money's worth

Not getting my money's worth

On Twitter and by email, customer support offers the same suggestions, for any problem with Spotify. Most users have tried the obvious things, like making sure they have the latest updates, uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

My latest problem is that my iPod touch is connected USB to my Macbook Air, and I am trying to download songs from Spotify to the iPod so I can play them in Spotify on the iPod. The iOS app crashes about every 15 to 30 seconds, and the download starts over again from the beginning. I have plenty of room on my device, and do not have the app on more than 3 devices, and have not gone over the song limit.

Many problems with Spotify have been happening for years (I checked the user forum, and the same problems show up over and over), why do they not fix these problems. Like many users not being able to download songs without the app crashing......or Spotify streaming constantly saying that I am not online when I am online and all other apps work fine...Spotify randomly deleting my music because it think I have the app on too many devices and am over my limit...

Since customer support offer sno help other than the same response over and over, I feel that I am not getting my moneys worth and that is why I am cancelling my Premium account. It is very frustrating trying to get a helpful answer from Spotify. 

3 Replies

Hey @Theothistle!

That's weird! It's not possible to transfer music from your Macbook to an iOS device. Could you let me know the following details:

• iOS version
  • iPod model
  • Free space left on your device
  • Spotify app version

Let me know and I'll take a closer look.

Thanks! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

But why does Spotify on the iPod show "downloading # of #" ? If it's not possible to download to an iOS device, what this this message on the Spotify app mean?

And not one response, including yours, tells me why Spotify will suddenly stop streaming, and go to Offline mode, when my computer shows me as still online, and my other open apps work fine.

And why does Spotify consistently take away features that are popular with many new updates, frustrating the **bleep** out of many users?

Hey @Theothistle!

Spotify downloads music directly from Spotify and you can't use your Macbook's internet connection to download music to your iPod. You can definitely download Spotify's music on your iPod. Also, I'd like to take a closer look and to do that I need the data I asked for in my latest post. Let me know.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts