Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline Mode not working.

Offline Mode not working.

I just upgraded to Spotify Premium, but the desktop client will not let me enable offline mode for any of my playlists. It just keeps telling me that offline mode is an exclusive spotify premium feature, despite the fact that all the sources that I can check tell me that I am a premium member. This feature is the only reason I upgraded to premium.

I'd apprecite help with this problem. Thanks.

13 Replies

Someone from Spotify would have to check into your account, but I think you may have inadvertently created multiple accounts.  Perhaps you originally had a Spotify account, but when you upgraded, you logged in using Facebook.  It may have also been the other way around.  If that is truly what happened, you may want to log out of the spotify application, and log in using Facebook.  If you're already logged in with Facebook, log out, and log in with your Spotify account details if you have one.  Although logging out and back in using the same account may help as well.

This may not be what happened in your case, but it's the only thing that comes to mind that describes your issue.  Hopefully, someone else may be able to shed some light on the subject if it turns out it's something else.

I'm having the exact same problem as OP, I tried your fix and it did not work.

Can you recommend a next step?

thanks!

The next step I would take in your position would be to contact Spotify support.  Only someone from Spotify can look up your account to see what the problem might be.  There may be a duplicate account, or there may be some other problem, hopefully they can fix it for you.  You can contact Spotify support using the contact form here:  https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact .

Hope you are able to get the issue resolved!

I have the same problem. Upgraded my account to Premium (yesterday) to be able to listen tracks via IPhone (4). It workde for 1 day and now I cannot access anything - it is offline whether I like or not. Needless to say I didn't create any paylists (offline) in one day. All I get is in my settings: "go online in 29 days". Great! I have sent various messages to Spotify help but they seem to be busy dealing with other (similar) problems. 

I'm having the same issue.  I haven't been able to download playlists to offline mode since Tuesday.  When I select Available Offline, nothing happens.  The songs only download to offline mode when I've listened to them all the way through on my device in a wireless area, etc.

The issue persists. I'm pretty sure I don't have two accounts, as I don't even have a Facebook account. Another reason I'm sure that it's not a possible confusion between two accounts is that whenever I try to view my account information through the desktop application, the link to it shows that I have premium.

I followed the link and submitted a request for help. Whenever I try to play something out of my inbox on the app, it also tells me that offline mode is a premimum feature. I'd really like a fix for this. Thanks.

Atatatatak - I need to run your case by our payments team first, as it's a payments related issue. I'll send you an email soon. 

Hector - There should be a toggle switch above the "Go online within" section that says "Offline Mode". Tap on that, and should connect online. 

alliferguson - You might be trying to sync over a 3G network. By default, this is turned off - Doing this may run up a rather large bill if you sync a lot of tracks and don't have a rather large data allowance. In the settings menu, there is a toggle switch for "Sync Over 2G/3G". Toggle this on, and you should be able to sync the tracks. However, Wi-Fi does tend to be faster, if you could connect to one of those networks. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Looks like I'm all set. Thanks for the help, David.

I am having the same problem, just upgraded to Premium and its not lettimg me do any of the Premium features. 

I am having the same issue: I have premium enabled (the 30 days trial) but nor my android app nor my windows 7 app recognize I am premium...

@Emanuele wrote:

I am having the same issue: I have premium enabled (the 30 days trial) but nor my android app nor my windows 7 app recognize I am premium...

Have a read at this post/topic.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

not letting me select offline playlist or even play the songs online on the playlist on iphone

Does your account show a current premium subscription?

@ladyxtra wrote:

not letting me select offline playlist or even play the songs online on the playlist on iphone

Suggested posts