Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline Playlist only Partially Syncing

Offline Playlist only Partially Syncing

So I am a premium user and have about 1600 songs on my starred playlist and about 6 other playlist with anywhere from 20-500 songs on them on my MacBook. When I put these playlist into offline mode on my computer and Iphone 5, the songs begin to sync. But on some playist, normally the smaller ones, all the songs will sync no problem. But then on other playlist, only about half the songs will sync and then it says it is done. I added up the number of songs the phone is trying to sync and it is well under the 3,333 number. Any tips on how to get all my music synced? 

3 Replies

Hey friend, I'm having the exact same problem: my smaller playlists that are suppossed to sync offline will update any songs that I add to them on my computer, but my larger playlists (usually 500 or more songs) are not really reflecting any updates I do on my computer.

And to clarify, I am under the 3,333 song limit, and I also have more than enough memory available on my iPhone.  

Also, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app: these playlists have still refused to update.

Finally, I checked the same playlists on Spotify's web player as well as on a friends computer and the same playlists were not updating...

@lukyitalion74 wrote:

And to clarify, I am under the 3,333 song limit, and I also have more than enough memory available on my iPhone.  

Also, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app: these playlists have still refused to update.

Finally, I checked the same playlists on Spotify's web player as well as on a friends computer and the same playlists were not updating...

Hey! 🙂 

Can you try copying the tracks from a playlist that is not working, into a new playlist on your computer, copying a maximum of 331 tracks at a time? There appears to be an issue with playlist synching on the desktop client with the Spotify servers (on v0.9.0.133) when you go over that limit. It has been reported as an issue internally by Spotify and has been fixed in v0.9.1.x which will make it out to your computers shortly 😉

I would suggest you try copying them over in batches of 100 and see how that goes!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts