Offline Sync won't work

Offline Sync won't work

KingWizard130
Regular

I've allowed spotify through  my firewall, updated frimware on both devices, and I'm connected to the same wifi network (using university wifi if it matters). I still can't get offline sync to work let alone have the songs show up in the playlists on my phone greyed out even. Any help?

6 Replies

Re: Offline Sync won't work

Hey @KingWizard130.

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Just to confirm, are you're trying to sync Local Files between your devices for offline use?

If so, first, make sure that your local files on your desktop device are on a supported format:

• mp3
  • .m4p (unless it contains video)
  • .mp4 (if QuickTime is installed on your computer)

Keep in mind that The iTunes lossless format (.M4A) is not supported.

If that doesn't do the trick, let us know if you've tried syncing your content while both of your devices are connect in a different WiFi connection. 

Alternatively, if you're not trying to sync Local Files, we'd recommend checking this support site article here instead.  

Let us know how you get on :)

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

KingWizard130
Regular

Yes I am trying to sync local files. I tried on another wifi network and they still won't how up, and I also made sure they were all the correct format and they're all mp3.

Hey @KingWizard130.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Perhaps something is wrong with the playlist(s) that should contain the local files. Could you try to create a new playlist on your computer and fill it with nothing but local files? Open Spotify on your mobile device (make sure it's the same WiFi network) and see if the new playlist appears and if it contains songs.

If it doesn't, could you please let us know if you are using a Mac or a PC alongside your iPhone? We'll be able to see what we can do next.

Have a nice day!

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

KingWizard130
Regular

Just tried this solution and it still didn't work, offline sync doesn't show up on either the laptop or my phone, and there are no songs in the playlist when opneed on my phone. I'm on a Dell laptop uing Windows

RobiPuga

Guys, I have even more interesting  case. I can see Playlist (created from local files) on PC and can access it and play it through Windows App.,  but not on iPhone App. 

It's more interesting because I see this Playlist (created from my own local files) on my iPhone but can't download the songs so I am not able to play it on my iPhone. It shows how many songs exist on this Playlist and it shows that it's downloading....... but it's not. What can be a reason? It's very strange.  

Highlighted

KingWizard130
Regular

Any updates on what to do it's been two weeks

SUGGESTED POSTS