Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline albums won't open

Offline albums won't open

Today spotify on my iPhone would not connect, for whatever reason. No big deal, I thought. I'll play the albums I've saved offline. I tried to open those albums, however, and was presented with a loading screen. The offline albums would not open. I tried opening and closing spotify. I tried switching to offline mode. Nothing. Once I got home, connected to wifi and signed in, I could then open the albums.

What is the point of having offline files if I can't access those files when something goes wrong with my connection?

Edit: Just tested out a few things:

I opened an offline album on wifi, and then switched back to 3G. Spotify again couldn't connect. I went to offline album and it opened. Fine. Then I went to another offline album. It wouldn't open. Am I missing something here? Are offline files only available offline when they've been recently cached?

32 Replies

Hey everyone.

Apologies for the delay here.

This issue should have been fixed in our last release. Has everyone updated to the latest version?

If you're still experiencing the issue, please let us know the following information regarding your device:

- Model of device  

- iOS version 

- Spotify version

Also, just to confirm, is it just synced 'Albums' that aren't showing or is this affecting anyones playlists too? 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Still not fixed for me.  Still as bad as ever today when trying to access an album when in a gym with no mobile data available.

My details:

- iPhone 5S

- iOS 8.1

- Spotify v1.9.0.2744

It isn't that the albums arn't showing, it's when you try and open one up, you get the 3 white circles and down the bottom it says connecting despite the album being offline and no data signal.  Even if you put spotify in offline mode, it makes no difference, but if you browse down the Songs list, you can play the album.

One positive point to note, the other issue I had where saving an album to the playlist wasn't auto naming as Artist - Album Name appears to have been fixed.

Thanks

With me still the same problem!  Spotify offline (Iphone6​​, settings, mobile network, spotify offline)

Iphone6

IOS 8.1

Spotify 1.9.0

I tried again today and one thing I noticed was that if I put the phone in flight mode when I had no signal, I could access the Albums marked as offline. This is better than before but still not ideal.

Similar issue here - go onto the Tube and lose my signal then try to use the new Albums views to select a different OFFLINE track and it just sits there trying to load the track listing over the air.

If I have the same album as a seperate playlist it works - its purely the Songs, Albums and Artists view which has this issue. 

iOS 8.1

iPhone6

Spotify version: 1.9.0.2744

Thanks

Carl.

Correction, Songs works fine. It's only Artists and Albums with the problem.

Still not working unless you go into flight mode

Hey @srbs have you tried a clean reinstallation recently? Please let us know--thanks!

Please could you also sort this issue out on the iOS 6 version of Spotify?

There are no track listings for albums or artists after about 24 hours after I've synced my ipod with my offline music.

I've tried everything that has been recomended (including reinstalling the app) but it appears the bug still hasn't been fixed.

iPod touch (6.1.1) (4th gen)

Spotify version 1.8.5.105

Hi Meredith,

All fixed! Not sure if it was the reinstall or the newer version that was released (2.0.0.1643) the same day?

Anyway, tested it today and it's working fine without having to go in flight mode.

Thanks

Steve

Hey guys! Is anyone having trouble with the latest Spotify iOS release (2.1.0)? Please do let us know if so! Thanks!

Hello Meredith. I have a 3rd gen iPod touch that I bought just for using as a in-car streaming device, I'm running the latest version of the app available for this device, which is 1.8.1.8. Here's a video showing what happens when I try to open an artist page with Wi-Fi turned off: 

Thanks for your help!

Can I please have some feedback on this issue?

Suggested posts