Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline by artist/album?

Solved!

Offline by artist/album?

I listen to music by artist/album.  In order to make an album available offline, do I have to create a playlist for every album?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Unfortunately currently yes that is the only way.

Spotify are currently closed beta testing a new way of organizing content which will allow you to offline store artists/ablums in your collection - but public release still feels pretty far in the future.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Marked as solution

Unfortunately currently yes that is the only way.

Spotify are currently closed beta testing a new way of organizing content which will allow you to offline store artists/ablums in your collection - but public release still feels pretty far in the future.

Peter

wow, that is terrible and makes it unusable.  cancelling subscription

Peter,

I'm worried. Though I'm a beta tester it scares me the fact that collection feature is "far in the future". Is it something you feel or a real news? I mean: I've been beta tester since ...well... november?! 

Cheers

I feel it still lacks features and stability to go public, although that could just be me on iOS releases. Android seem to be getting more updates at the minute!

Peter

I tried the free trial of spotify over a year ago and still had the issue.  I canceled at that time and have been using MOG, which had this feature.  MOG was just bought out, so I tried spotify again, and was suprised to find it still missing this feature.  I canceld and signed up with Google Play, and it has this feature.

I guess there will an important update for the iOS client this month. I see that all the clients (web and desktop) have turned to black, though I dunno if this is something "reserved" to beta testers. Collection is improving fast IMHO.

I also predominantly listen to whole albums. The fact that I have to make a special playlist out of an album just so I can make it avilable on my iPhone is silly. Why not allow albums (or My Music - Albums, Artists, Songs & Playlists...) accessible and offline-able on iPhone? This is such a basic feature. Please make it a reality soon. It's a pain in the rear to do work-arounds just to listen to albums.

I thought that it was possible to make Artists and Albums available offline now (certainly the case on android). Just not available for Songs yet.

"Offline albums" feature is available on Android, however I'd be more than happy to see that on PC as well. So far on PC client it is possible to create offline playlists, but not offline albums.

Ok... Strange. My iPhone/iOS now has My Music with everything I wanted. I can now offline albums and not make playlists out of albums anymore. Thanks you to whoever. 1 million times better.

Okay how do you do that? I still see all my albums, not just those synced for offline listening, in iOs, even in offline mode...

Pessoal

Não consigo colocar os albuns para offline no Ipad. Essa função no Iphone funciona perfeitamente, porém no Ipad só consigo sincronizar as playlists.

Como faço para vizualizar meus albuns e coloca-los offline no Ipad?

Please allow us to listen to (at least) albums offline.  For some of us, listening to albums is no different than listening to playlists.  Call us old school (I like to think we're just die hard music listeners) and really we're a core market for Spotify. 

Not sure why Spotify hasn't responded officially here, but the updated iPhone app allows for off-lining albums and playlists now. I can even add my own music on my laptop and add that to a list which is off-linable. This makes the app perfect... or near so.

I should clarify a few things:

I have updated versions on both iphone and desktop and I'm a premium subscriber.

a) On my desktop I cannot choose to listen to an album offline like I can on my phone (or like I used to be able to when I used to just save albums as a playlist).  There is literally no button or icon or whatever to do it on the desktop. I've been able to circumvent that by turning the album into a playlist.  Nonetheless, I'd like to be able to have the option to listen to an album offline while on my desktop.

Screenshot 2014-07-25 16.36.31.png

Also, recently, I've tried to offline a couple albums on my iphone 5 and it might download a few songs (or in my case 1 song) and then it won't download the rest of them, even if I'm using my home wifi network. I've tried switching the toggle to off, force closing the app, and restarting and toggling back to "available offline" but nothing seems to be able to do the trick.  I used to be able to tap the download arrows on my phone and get it to download but that doesn't seem to be an option anymore.

Would be helpful to fix or provide some guidance if I'm the only one experiencing this issue!

I've had the same exact problem. The only solution I had was that it eventually downloaded somehow on its own. I have no idea why it finally worked. I also force quit and did a hard restart on the iPhone 5 (home and top button held at same time till reboot).

I have a quick question, hopefully you are still reading these posts.

I have Spotify Premium on an iPod 4, using the older version of Spotify. I can save albums for offline listening, but when I am offline, I can't listen to them. But I can listen to playlists. COuld it be true that even 2 years later Spotify has chosen to not address this issue? I have not been able to find any info saying otherwise.

Thanks for the help

Almost 2017 and the option still isn't there on the desktop version...

Suggested posts