Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline/downloaded tracks no longer playable, nor when searching

Offline/downloaded tracks no longer playable, nor when searching

I have a significant amount of offline tracks and playlists that are no longer playable in my iPhone 5s. I don't play them on any other device or computer. What gives? I even tried searching for one of the song to see if it'll play while in the search field (instead of playing through my playlist) and it still doesn't work. For example, madonna's celebration album is available to stream and when I hit play no sound emits but the song and album are available in the search find. Weird right? I did update a few months ago, I can't recall exactly when. I've been a prime member for a few years now and this has never happened before. Hoping someone can help. Thank you!
6 Replies

Hey there...are you saying that the track names are greyed out or that they appear normal, but do not play on your phone?

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Yes exactly that! They're still in my playlist and when I search the track, it's still available to stream, however, when I press play (in both playlists and search mode) there's no sound or track time counter. So weird!

hmm...can you post the troubleshooting info in this link? iOS Problems

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

@veronicaR01 Relax, follow this steps and I think it will solve it for you:

Click into your Spotify App -> Logout from Spotify (Spotify app Settings -> Logout) -> [If you are on premium and have songs that are on available offline, click here: https://www.spotify.com/sg-en/account/offline-devices/ and remove all devices -> Go to iPhone Settings, General, Usage and Delete the app -> Go to App Store and download the Spotify app again.

Also clear off Safari’s Cache under iPhone/iPad Settings > Safari and Clear all of the caches.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

I deleted the app, reinstalled and it worked! Thanks again!

I followed all trouble shooting suggestions, and my downloaded albums are still "undownloaded" (no longer show the green arrow) not playable offline

Suggested posts