Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline - how much time takes to download to my iPhone?

Solved!

Offline - how much time takes to download to my iPhone?

How much time does it take to make offline my songs from spotify in iphone? I am still waiting.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Do you have at least 1GB of free storage space left on your device?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

It depends on a lot of things, like how fast your internet connection is, the strenght of the wireless signal, the ammount of songs being downloaded, the quality you chose to download on settings...

Leave your iPhone charging an hour or two alone and it will probably be done by then, depending on the ammount of songs you're syncing.

Thank you

But I have chosen the Offline mode since yesterday and still today have not changed. Just a couple of songs that I have listened are now offline but the other ones not. I have chosen Available Offline in the top, next to the playlist/album name. But the songs are still not with the arrow green. Just a couple that I have already played. 

What is wrong?

Marked as solution

Do you have at least 1GB of free storage space left on your device?

Peter

Hello

I have still 200Mb. 

Is it a requirement to have 1GB? Then, why have some few songs been recorded as offline?

A few may download, but you will normally find Spotify will stop synching at some point below 1GB (which is why they recommend freeing up some space).

It's pretty rare iOS will actually allow you to use up all free space.

Peter

Thanks I will try to free some space on my phone. Now i dont need itunes hahaha.

But, to verify it, is there some way to see the process of the download that Spotify do from the offline songs? If I go outside, far from my wifi signal, will it still be downloading on a 3G&4G signal? consuming my MBs!?

You can disable syncing over the mobile network in the apps Settings menu (called Sync Over 2G/3G) so you don't eat up your data!

The app should display a progress bar showing it's download progress, but I have a feeling it may have got lost when the app got redesigned. It's worth just double checking the last track in a playlist has the green download symbol (that means the whole playlist will be downloaded).

Peter

now it seems to be working, also whitout having 1GB, but i took out some 500Mb.

thanks

Suggested posts