Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
dkmrcw
If that's the case, then they need to COMMUNICATE with us!!
Lovnporsche
Hi Spotify, just another data point from a premium member requesting an Apple Watch app. Doesn't need to be amazing, I just need to be able to save some of my songs offline on the watch so I don't have to run with my iPhone any more. Cheers!
Nickd91
I 100% agree. It's just one of those fights that has some real upside for both based one this feature working.

I've just canceled my Apple Music subscription to start a new one with Spotify. But I'm gonna buy a new Apple Watch next month, and after a while looking for information on the Internet I see that's there's no app for my new device. If this situation doesn't change, I'll turn back to Apple Music service after the free trial periode expires.

dan_mch

Also chiming in here. Spotify Premium Family Plan subscriber. Avid runner. Spotify was originally one of the key motivators for me to get out there and burn up some kms. Note having an apple watch app where I can download a playlist means I have to continue carrying a phone with me, which is not ideal. Plenty of feedback for your development team, and quite surprised by the absense of feedback from Spotify regarding this growing trend. Will be trialing Apple Music (shudder) prior to the arrival of my Apple watch 2 later this year as like many - this is a deal breaker for me.

Gareth321

That's not correct. The Watch APIs have been public for a long time now.

Azichek

Well it's been a couple weeks since we resurrected this thread and after so many posts I am suprised to see that Spotify hasnt responded. 

Spotify, are you going to engage with your consumer base? 

hestehauge

This is very poor engagement with your customer-base. I am a long term user of Spotify Premium but thave today started the trial of Apple Music - SIMPLY BECAUSE THERE IS NO APP AND NO RESPONSE OR INITIATIVE FROM SPOTIFY

Gareth321

I would really like to have an update on this. The Apple Watch is not a niche product anymore, and I think it makes sense to have an option. I know Spotify is having some issues with Apple at the moment regarding subscription call to actions, but providing the watch app without a CTA makes sense since the vast majority of users are going to have the iOS app already.

dkmrcw
Me too. Can't believe they are ignoring their customers. Very poor.