Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
Igor10
Please Spotify!!! It would be amazing to work out only with my Apple Watch. I know Apple music is able to do that, but I love Spotify 😕

Same here, Premium Subscriber for more than 3 years now and I would really love that feature.

noreason4
+1 (again?) for the Watch App! 🙂 Please go for it!
tacho888

So disappointed there is not spotify app for apple watch. It's unacceptable. Are you working on this at least?

gabrieluss
Guys, support watch pls. Thanks
jarodtaylor
Bummer!

I wonder if Apple Doesn't want Spotify on its watch. Just got my watch today and now I'm going to try Apple Music. Last time I tried it, it sucked. Probably won't cancel Spotify because I think it's superior, but I'm a bit disappointed that I can't use Spotify on my watch.
Azichek

A month and 80+ posts later and still no word from Spotify......

Wondering if we should start something on twitter. That might get their attention a little faster. Or at all for that matter.  

p2RLit

Getting my Apple Watch S2 this week. I desperately need this! There's also rumors (mentioned on MR) of Apple lowering prices on their plans too. If Spotify can come out with this standalone Music App, I will gladly stay for the same price.

dkmrcw
The @Spotifycare team have confirm to me that this something they are working on... but still nothing formal....
dkmrcw
>From Spotifycare: "We understand. Don't worry, it is something we're working on and your feedback will get to the team taking care of it. Let us know if you need anything else /JE"