Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
Momer

Hi,

I totally agree with you guys. We really need an information if they will drop anything soon. Otherwise everybody here could take a look at the competitors like Apple and Deezer which are both fine to use on the AW2.

Cheers

themetties

Another spotify fan and runner that will sadly switch to Apple Music when my AW2 arrives, unless an app appears soon.  Please!  Save us from Apple Music!

noreason4
I'd be all in for a little twitter storm regarding the Apple Watch App ^^
lwb24

I have the Watchify app on my apple watch 2, but is there a way to set it as one of my 3 offiline devices so I don't have to take my phone with me on a run?

Momer

No, this is what everybody here is asking for. The watchify App is just third party and only for controlling music on your phone. Without your phone it's useless.

Jeremypercy

LOL even Deezer supports the Apple watch.. I am dissapointed. I dont really like apple music, spotify is easier. But Deezer seems a good alternative

tizzey23

for real?! Deezer supports apple watch?!?! 

Momer

Yes Deezer has full support including download to the apple watch

noreason4
Have you tested this yourself?
Momer

Nope I did not. But you can find it everywhere on the internet. They call the function offline playlist.