Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
franciscosoler
Another one here. I have bought my Apple Watch and moved to Apple Music.
Tommienbp

Spotify lost another customer unfortunately, I also switched to Apple Music. Too bad.

Maxtannn
Didn't y'all read the news that Apple is being a **bleep** for not approving their update app? Due to competition, apple been using legal excuses to decline their updates
Phinitris

And they lost another customer. Switching to Apple Music too. Really sucks, that I can't hear my Spotify Music on my Apple Watch.

pldelisle

I consider switching to Apple Music. This is an abberation that Spotify doesn't have an Apple Watch app yet. Seriously ? Ridiculous.

Make this app ASAP.

Phinitris

Totally agree with you! Would love to switch back to Spotify as I don't like the Apple Music interface (iTunes) that much but as long as there is no Apple Watch App, I won't switch back.

This is a must. 

It doesnt even need to be super fancy at the start, at minimum just make it work with Spotify Connect.

iphilips

is there is no way to play your music while going for a run?  

cnrbnr

Agreed. Just got my Apple Watch 2 and I hate not being able to have Spotify on there. Seriously considering switching to Apple Music. Fix this Spotify! Add an Apple Watch app!

iphilips
iTunes is giving 3 months free trial..... seems they are looking to kill of the competition