Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
japoneez

After reading the comments come to find I could switch over to Apple Music but how long should I wait to switch?

Frankyee

Muss ich jetzt nach dem Kauf einer AppleWatch 4 cellular zu AppleMusic wechseln, weil Spotify kein Streaming und Offline Musik hören ohne iPhone unterstützt?

webdon

Can you please provide an ETA on when the ability to stream music directly from Apple Watch will be available?  Another runner here and I have voted for this feature.  It's costing me $15 for the Spotify Family Premium account and another $10/month to have cellular/data access on my watch.  Basically, I'm currently wasting $25 every month for something that should be in effect already (imo).

Please provide an ETA for your users so we can gauge whether to stay with you service or not.

Respectfully,

W

huntermaclean

@peter

Clearly we are all talking about using the Watch App without taking our phones with us; otherwise known as streaming. The developer of the Apollo for Watch app already demonstrated that it can be done. For whatever reason, the app was taken down, but Spotify should get on this and stop lollygagging.

Peter

Hey folks,

Thanks for your comments on this, and apologies for any confusion.

We'd recommend heading over to this existing idea 'Apple Watch: Offline Listening', and leaving a vote there. This is the best way to get your feedback to the right teams.

Hope that helps! 

stebeeee

Offline playlists on my series 2 watch. Please Please Please make this happen in 2019!!!

I really don't want to have to go to Apple Music!

Dschidi

„new idea“ lol...

They know exactly what this means and could have this rolled out in a day if they wanted to (pretty unlikely that they don‘t have the code already, as „unofficial“ solutions were possible to be built by amateurs within a few days).

The reason it is not available is pure politics.

So this will be available if and when Spotify management decides it is politically advantageous for them to release this feature.

But please do not pretend like this would be some „new development“ idea that would need programming and testing and that this would take months or years, as this is ridiculous. If Spotify wants this it can be out tomorrow...

MattMickey

So.... are we going to watch this thread for another 3 years before implementation 😉 Really, I’m not sure why we have to lobby for updates that should be completely obvious. This app is completely useless without offline playback. Maybe I just should’ve gone to Apple music with all those other people 2 years ago. It’s looking better and better. Sorry, Spotify. I really do love you. But this is working for me 😞

Brandy1013

Can this happen ASAP! I’d love to listen to my music without needing my phone nearby! Let’s show iTunes Spotify if as good ! 

rgb99qq

I have been a loyal Spotify premium customer for 5 years or more.  I have been waiting for a STREAMING Apple Watch Spotify app for a long time.  If this does not come out in the next 3 months I am shifting everything to Apple Music and will cancel my Spotify subscription.