Offline listening on Apple Watch

Peter

Hey folks,

Thanks for your comments on this, and apologies for any confusion.

We'd recommend heading over to this existing idea 'Apple Watch: Offline Listening', and leaving a vote there. This is the best way to get your feedback to the right teams.

Hope that helps! 

Re: Apple watch app?

xertox
Casual Listener

Been a Spotify user since the early "invite only" days, upgraded to Premium as soon as it was possible to do so. I have now ordered an Apple Watch series 2, and I just expected Spotify to have an app for the watch, and where really surprised when that wasn't the case. I have been a bit annoyed on Spotify software developers since I have been waiting for Spotify to support landscape mode in IOS (seems like a simple implementation, but nothing..), and now this? I remember Spotify as a company being in the forefront of giving customers what they want, and being very innovative. Not implementing features like these makes you wonder, is this the end of an era, Spotify?

Nickd91
Casual Listener
It's not Spotify its Apple not allowing the integration. Apple wants you to use Apple Music.
5 people liked this

xertox
Casual Listener

It might be the case that Apple is not giving access to all functionality the watch supports, in order to give Apple Music an edge (possibly using heart rate monitor in order to match with songs etc.) But I find it very unlikely that Apple have locked Spotify out to the extent that they are not able to even make a basic native app to use as a remote, scroll in playlist, see album art, or even store a limited amount of songs for offline playing.
If that is the case thuogh, I would be very happy if any Spotify representative could confirm it, and I would directly divert my disappointment to another direction (Apple)

bandtank
Regular
This is exactly why I canceled my subscription. The fact that they may or may not be able to make the app isn't necessarily a deal breaker, but not taking 20 seconds to communicate is inexcusable.
2 people liked this

franciscosoler
Regular
I agree. I find incredible that after so many posts the Spotify team is missing...
1 person liked this

dkmrcw
Music Fan
If that's the case, then they need to COMMUNICATE with us!!
5 people liked this

Lovnporsche
Hi Spotify, just another data point from a premium member requesting an Apple Watch app. Doesn't need to be amazing, I just need to be able to save some of my songs offline on the watch so I don't have to run with my iPhone any more. Cheers!
2 people liked this

Nickd91
Casual Listener
I 100% agree. It's just one of those fights that has some real upside for both based one this feature working.

user-removed
Not applicable

I've just canceled my Apple Music subscription to start a new one with Spotify. But I'm gonna buy a new Apple Watch next month, and after a while looking for information on the Internet I see that's there's no app for my new device. If this situation doesn't change, I'll turn back to Apple Music service after the free trial periode expires.

1 person liked this

dan_mch

Also chiming in here. Spotify Premium Family Plan subscriber. Avid runner. Spotify was originally one of the key motivators for me to get out there and burn up some kms. Note having an apple watch app where I can download a playlist means I have to continue carrying a phone with me, which is not ideal. Plenty of feedback for your development team, and quite surprised by the absense of feedback from Spotify regarding this growing trend. Will be trialing Apple Music (shudder) prior to the arrival of my Apple watch 2 later this year as like many - this is a deal breaker for me.

SUGGESTED POSTS