Offline mode on iPhone VERY buggy

Country

United States

Device

(iPhone 8, iPhone XR)

Operating System

(iOS 13.4.1)

My Question or Issue

Spotify on my iPhone 8 has been very buggy the last month or so when attempting to use the app offline. The two main issues I persistently have are 

1) when opening the app, it takes 2-5 minutes for my albums and artists to appear so I can pick something to play

2) Albums refuse to play while offline, I can pick the album but it will not play more than one song before completely closing the player. Additionally, the Play button that exists on the upper right of an albums page does not work either. I can pick a song and it will play, but nothing will play after and the player will force close. If I place all the songs in a playlist they will play, but not from the albums page which is super frustrating.   

8 Replies

Try reinstall in it. If that doesn't help delete all cache and data and redownload albums and songs.

Hi @Fireshack and thanks for posting! 🙂

As mentioned by TaTHEj, a reinstall would be the best thing to try first if you haven't already. There are also some additional steps for a clean reinstall that I have copied below from Spotify's support FAQ. Hopefully this will resolve the issues you are seeing. Have a great day! 🙂

iPhone 

1. Open Spotify. In the app's settings (you can access them by going to Home and then tapping the gear icon in the top right corner), tap Storage then Delete Cache.
  2. Head to your device's Settings, then tap General.
  3. Tap iPhone Storage.
  4. Select Spotify from the list of apps.
  5. Tap Offload the app and confirm. This will delete the app but its documents data will be kept.
  6. Then tap Delete App and confirm. This action should delete any leftover documents and data.
  7. Once the app is deleted, press and hold the Side/Top button and either volume button until the power off slider appears.
  8. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
  9. After your device turns off, wait a couple of minutes.
  10. Press and hold the Top (or Side) button again until the display turns on.
  11. Switch your device back on and install Spotify from the App Store.

Don't listen to the other two commenters, a clean install does not work. There's an ongoing issue with the IOS app and spotify says it's "under investigation"...whatever that will yield. You're not the only one with the exact issue. I uninstalled, reinstalled, redownloaded all my music only to have all my new downloads do the same thing. Plays one song, the rest of the album won't queue. it's very annoying and the only thing I can do is make a playlist of the album.

Upvote this post and comment with your iOS version and spotify app version name.

something went wrong with the link

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Playback-stops-after-each-song-with-downloaded-album...

Gonna do anything about this, Spotify?

Stop giving spotify cover by gaslighting other users. They have a systemic problem and none of these solutions work for those of us experiencing the issue.

I promise you that I will bump all these threads until you do something about it.

Don’t get your hopes too high this Spotify people are clueless and useless they won’t help u in any way or form they it seems they don’t give a damn about it

Suggested posts