Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline play won't initiate download of songs

Offline play won't initiate download of songs

When I slide the button over for offline play, the songs will not download, thus not available for offline play. I am using wifi and I have already downloaded a few songs from a couple weeks ago.

Basically, I slide it over on my iPhone for offline play and the song will get the circle with an arrow pointing down but it will never turn green.

Any help is appreciated.
1 Reply

Hi, welcome tot the Spotify Community!

I have 2 ideas of the possible cause of this problem.

1. Not enough free space on your device (you can check this by opening > Settings (iPhone app) > General > Usage > Manage Storage (make sure you don't click on the iCloud part)

2. If you have marked a lot of songs to sync this can take a while. Especially when the quality setting (spotify settings > Playback) is set to 'extreme'.  (which delivers fantastic music quality by the way!) It is good to know that Spotify often stops syncing when the screen goes black. Since this happends within a few minutes this can stop the syncing process pretty quick.

3. If nothing works that I suggested above, the more drastisc measure is to remove the Spotify app from your phone and re-install it. Then start with a small playlist to make it availible offline to test the speed of it. 

I hope this helpes and you can enjoy your favorite music real soon with a great Spotify experience 🙂

What's a Spotify Rock Star?

Suggested posts