Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline playlist not synching?

Offline playlist not synching?

I have got two questions actually. First one is about playlists being deleted all of a sudden, logged into the browser and all were deleted on july 31st. While another one, ‘alv me vale vra prro :v’ was added. Recovered everything through the browser and reset my password. Was I hacked or

something?

Second, I have saved playlists offline through 4G. No issues. When I add songs to these playlists they will download, but won’t appear the next time I open spotify. The playlists will be the ‘old’ version, without the new songs. I have to go online before they show up. This is a problem because I’m staying in a remote area where a working connection is rare. 

Using the latest version of both ios and spotify. 

1 Reply

Hey Matthew,

As for the first question, I would definitely say you got hacked. I think people try and hack spotify accounts hoping that it is on a family plan, they can get in, and then quietly get free access while taking a spot in your family list. Anyway, good call on resetting your password. Make sure if you used that same password elsewhere to change those as well.

For the second question, I would double check that background app refresh in enabled if your cellular data is also enabled, this might cause your playlist not to back up properly. Hopefully that helps!

- Jesse

Suggested posts