Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline playlists disappearing.

Solved!

Offline playlists disappearing.

Hey!

I have playlists with a total of 800 tracks which I always sync to new devices. Recently, my iPhone tells me that I "have offline playlists on more than free devices etc" and just deletes every song I synced to my phone. Now this is happening once a **bleep**ing week. As soon as I sync all the playlists your app thinks it wise to just delete them. I don't have offline list on more than three devices but that is always the reason for the apps idiotic actions. I even changed the password to see to it that I am logged out from anywhere that I don't know of.

Why the **bleep** is this happening?

With love, TKL

25 Replies

This has been habitually happening to me in the past year. But now it's just unsyncing playlists from around August last year up to current date almost everyday. Can you please do the same reset on me to rid of this bug? I only do offline sync on my iPhone. Thanks.

Could also reset my devices? Offline is forgetting my playlists also :(.

Thanks

My Nexus 4 is the _only_ device that I really want to keep offline tracks on ... I keep getting the >3 devices message, but in my Devices section of the app, it only lists the one Nexus 4 (the iMac and MBA don't show up, but I assume they are listed?)

Is there:

1 - a way to mark a device to NEVER sync offline (maybe take it out of the device count) ... like my iMac desktop ... not all that portable...

2 - mark a device as ALWAYS ALLOWED to sync offline (for mobile devices, where we really need the offline capability?)

In any case, as long as my playlists stick around, I'd be good with trying to reset my devices to see if that helps ... should I run Spotify from my iMac then MBA then Nexus 4 to make sure the Nexus 4 isn't the "first device"?

Thanks!

Sam

Hi Richard, I just found this entry and thank you for it. I've got premium & my synched tracks just disappeared. Might this be the result of my playing playlists after connecting for the 1st time to my car audio via Bluetooth, so the system thinks I added a new device? I don't know if doing that makes the car audio a new device, or if the car audio is just acting as an alternate output option.

Steve

Hello Moderator,

I have the same problem as well: Spotify tells me after some downloded songs that I have more than 3 offline devices and deletes all of them. My phone is my only device where I download stuff. I also tried instaling Spotify again and deleting the cache but it's still not working.. 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy A5 (2015)
Version: 7.2.0.1250 armV7

Please make it work again!
Thanks a lot.

I have a similar problem, and it is absolutely infuriating. I have only one device logged into my account. I have premium. After I download my playlists, my device shows up on my account online. Then the next day, the playlists are no longer offline/downloaded. So I download again. And the same device now shows up in my list a second time. Then the next day it, happens again. Why am I paying for offline when the system wont keep them offline or recognize IT'S THE SAME DEVICE. How is this going to be fixed?

2018-04-20 08_41_47-Offline devices - Spotify.png

Suggested posts