Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline songs not playing

Offline songs not playing

I signed up for Spotify Premium yesterday so I can listen to my playlist in my car. All the songs in my iphone spotify playlist are still grey. What am I doing wrong that they will not let me play them?

Under settign in my phone there is a message that says "Go online within 30 days". What does that mean. Please tell me that doesn't mean that Spotify is going to rip me off for the first month then let me use the functionality I just paid for. 

15 Replies

You need to make it avaiable Offline on your desktop then "download" playlist on your mobile, that should allow you to listen to them offline 

I don't see a switch anywhere on the desktop. For usability sake It would have made sense to add it next to the playlist.

Should be at the top right on your playlist

under the amount of tracks + total playing time

vdubplate - I've just taken a look at your account and everything seems to be just fine.

The best steps for getting offline playlists working on you iPhone can be found right here - http://www.spotify.com/help/faq/mobile/spotify-travel-guide-iphone/
Airhorn Enthusiast

I just can't listen to some songs on the offline mode on my iphone. The songs are synched, everything normal.

But when I go offline to listen to them, they just don't play. Only a few of them do actually.

On my macbook, the offline songs play normaly! 

How can I fix that problem??? 

@felipefontouraa wrote:

I just can't listen to some songs on the offline mode on my iphone. The songs are synched, everything normal.

But when I go offline to listen to them, they just don't play. Only a few of them do actually.

On my macbook, the offline songs play normaly! 

How can I fix that problem??? 

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Can you try all of the steps in the iOS troubleshooting guide which will remove all Spotify content and then install it again?

Hopefully its just an offline cache issue!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have taken the Spotify Premium on trial for a month and I also can't play songs offline though the information on site says I should be able to.  I have a Sony Xperia and would love to get some help. Thank you.

@fmoorfields wrote:

I have taken the Spotify Premium on trial for a month and I also can't play songs offline though the information on site says I should be able to.  I have a Sony Xperia and would love to get some help. Thank you.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Have you marked those playlists you want as "Available Offline" and let them download to your device? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I too am unable to access my offline songs now. I am a premium user, Spotify continues to charge me and my account is active, and songs formerly available offline are.no longer available. I was away from the device for over 30 days (used a second device during that time), and now it looks as though I need to re-download everything I had formerly done. Again, these are songs that were listenable and listened to offline, so it's not a matter of failing to do so correctly. Does the failure to log in for 30 days on any given device erase everything one has put offline?

Yes. You need to log in every 30 days on each device or offline content is removed. There are two reasons as explained in this FAQ.

Hey!

im having a really annoying problem. Basically im on holiday in australia from my home in the uk. as i am a spotify premium user i brought my phone to Oz with me just so i could liisten to my offline playlists while im here and on the flight as im not connect to my network here. (its an iphone 4)  This has been working well for the past 2 weeks but now all of a sudden its not working all my ofline playlists are still highlighted green but now say i have to download them again. Which i really dont have the time (or easily available wifi) to do.

aghhhhhh. whats wrong with it?  and can i fix it without having to go online? 

I have a very similar problem, I download songs to be available offline, wait for download to complete (so annoyed with the issue, i actually make sure i do NOTHING to interfear with the downloads), i check that the downloads are available, and they are, then  i switche spotify to offile mode, leave home/office (i.e. get out of wifi range), and my offline content, while still looks like it is working, actually stops playing. so to ellaborate - the line is moving, the line that indicates that the song is playing, the time line, it is moving, but i can't hear a thing. sometimes, if i skip to next song and then back, then it works. sometimes that doesn't help. sometimes flicking the offline option off and then on aain triggers a song, sometimes it doesn't. my second issue, to top this one off, is that i am having to redownload my offile content several times a day. it looks as thought i am having to do it either after i exit spotify, or am not listening to anything for longer than, say, about 20-30 minutes.... This isuue does not happen on my laptop or work PC, only on my phone. I do have a lovely spotify host currently looking into the issue, but i just wanted to reply to your post as i noticed we have a similar device, and perhaps this is something to do with compatability?

i am using Sony Xperia Z2, currently running android 4.4.2 issue started to occure on 4.4.1 and not gotten better with upgrading to 4.4.2, spotify version 1.3.0.423

if i manage to get this fixed, i will post back, in the meantime, if anyone can think of anything, please let me know.

@krisliv Hey, thanks for your input - this is an iOS forums though - you might have to input into the Android forums here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/bd-p/spotifyandroid
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

I am also having this problem! The only reason I signed up to Spotify premium was to save my data and be able to listen to music offline. I am completely appalled that Spotify would advertise and promote a feature that does not work! My friend also signed up to Spotify (per my recommendation) and she hasn't been able to listen to songs offline either. I have tried following the steps outlined in Spotify's website however they do not work at all. The green arrow never appears on my iPhone!! Can someone please explain what is needed in order for me to listen to my playlists offline? I've already gone over my data this month due to my overuse of spotify. If I can't find a solution to this I will definitely be canceling as they did not render the services promised. 

Suggested posts