Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline storage - 9999 songs across 3 devices

Offline storage - 9999 songs across 3 devices

2 questions please... (Relating to off line use)..
1) Is the 3333 songs mirrored across the 3 devices or can I have 3333 different songs on each device?

2) I have the maximum 3333 songs on my iPod touch., these appear to have been duplicated on my Samsung Galaxy phone. How do I get new songs on my phone or indeed on another ipod? Is this possible ? if I delete a song off my ipod it deletes it off my phone, thereby making me think the 3333 songs are mirrored.

Many Thanks
5 Replies

Hi. The limit is for downloaded music, not playlists. You can have as many playlisted tracks as you like on each device but you can only download 3,333 tracks to each of 3 devices - making a total of 9,999 downloads in all.

Playlists will show the same across devices but you can download tracks to each device independently.

Hope this makes sense 🙂

Thanks Joe,
Sounds like I have downloaded most of the songs as playlists. Without deleting said playlists & downloading independently to the device ( How do I do this?)... Can I simply re-assign the playlist songs as independent to iPod touch?

Thanks, Annabell

Just to be clear.........when you create a playlist, it appears acrosss all devices but the music is not downloaded until you make it so following the instructions here for making music available offline or here for synching local files.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for your help Joe. Just off out, so will have a look later.
Really appreciate your reply.
Annabell

You're welcome - shout if you need anything else 🙂

Suggested posts