Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline syncing pauses because Spotify goes idle

Solved!

Offline syncing pauses because Spotify goes idle

Have this problem every time I sync a long playlist. An error message occurs:

"Spotify has paused syncing your offline playlists since it's currently idle. Open Spotify to resume syncing."

Now I can't really sit and wait and be inside the app if I sync a playlist of X hundred songs, so how can I prevent this from happening?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

To sync, the Spotify app needs to stay open, otherwise after 5-10 minutes it will stop syncing in the background. This is due to Apple's background activity restrictions. 

The best way is to go into the iPhone settings:

Settings --> General --> Auto Lock --> Set it to "NEVER"

Now leave the Spotify app open on your iPhone and let it sit on a table plugged in to charge

For me 1,300 songs (extreme quality settings) takes about 4-5 hours to sync with leaving the phone open to the app.

You might have to just leave your phone open to the app so it can sync overnight.  

When you are done, make sure to turn "Auto Lock" back to your preferred setting. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

To sync, the Spotify app needs to stay open, otherwise after 5-10 minutes it will stop syncing in the background. This is due to Apple's background activity restrictions. 

The best way is to go into the iPhone settings:

Settings --> General --> Auto Lock --> Set it to "NEVER"

Now leave the Spotify app open on your iPhone and let it sit on a table plugged in to charge

For me 1,300 songs (extreme quality settings) takes about 4-5 hours to sync with leaving the phone open to the app.

You might have to just leave your phone open to the app so it can sync overnight.  

When you are done, make sure to turn "Auto Lock" back to your preferred setting. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have a corporate phone cant disable screen lock . But when playing spotify just goes on forever ? So that means tjat the app does not have to go to idle when the user is usingbthe app ? Just treat synking as another activity the user can do with the app ? Synking is not idle , solved

Suggested posts