Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

On iPhone not reproducing local archives playlist

On iPhone not reproducing local archives playlist

Hello fellow community,

I have recently included some tracks from my local archive into my Spotify music library and created my very own playlist from them ("Pain and Gain OST"). While I do not experience any issues playing them on my Mac, where the source of my local archive is, I can't seem to play them on my iPhone. 

I followed the advices on the FAQ Section (1. Added the local tracks, that I want to synchronize, into a playlist using the Desktop App;

2. On my iPhone logged into Spotify using the same Wifi network that I use with the Desktop App;

3. On the Spotify iOS version clicked on playlists and found the location where the local archive data is saved;

4. Tried to make the songs availabe offline but the only thing it says is "Waiting to be downloaded". Nothing happens afterwards and the songs remain in dark grey, but they should appear in white. 

The songs are in MP3 formate and I made them available offline already in the Desktop version. I hope I could communicate my difficulties in a clear way and look forward to any replies. If you struggle to follow me, don't hesitate to ask me further details. Thanks in advance. 

Attached you will find a photo underlining my problem.

IMG_0339.jpg
1 Reply

SOLUTION: deactive firewall and try again -> works for me!

--------------------------------------------

hello,

i have the exact same problem. in the past i had no problems with some of my lokal music trac, but recently i cant copy ANY of my local music to the iphone anymore. i tried it over and over again, reinstalled everything, but the exact same songs i downloaded some time ago, won't download to my iphone anymore.

we really need some help over here please.

the following steps didn't help me:

• Log out of Spotify and restart your device.
  • Log into Spotify once again and make sure you are connected to the same Wi-Fi network on both your device and your computer.
  • Change the sync quality on your device to High or Extreme.
  • Locate the playlist on your phone, and select "Available Offline".
  • Make sure you have plenty of free space on your device (we'd recommend 1GB+).

EDIT: after restarting my iphone, i get the error that i'm already using offline-playlists on more than three devices... it seems like this is the problem... is there a way to reset the devices, so that i can use my iphone to play local tracks anymore? or isn't it the reason?

EDIT 2: i found that you can delete your registered offline devices at the spotify website at your account settings. i did remove all my offline devices, buit i still cant download local files to my iphone. PLEASE HELP!

Suggested posts