Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Only play song on shuffle play

Solved!

Only play song on shuffle play

I am using iPhone 4s and Spotify app is latest version but no songs will play unless I press shuffle play. Click on the songs does literally nothing.
60 Replies

I really don't get it!!! It frustrates me a lot!! I've had an iPad for several months (my mom didn't use it) and I was enjoying Spotify a lot. I didn't know why people complained about it. Well, I just got the iPhone 5S for Christmas and all of a sudden, the wonderful experience I had was gone. I was looking forward to being able to enjoy the same music only in my pocket instead of through a loop in my backpack. It honestly kinda ruined my experience of finally having my own phone. (I'm almost 17.) I wish they would change this for the other products. It makes me want to use my new phone less. That's how much music means to me...You guys kinda screwed it over with this weird problem that doesn't make any sense. You talk about wanting us to have the best experience in your ads. I'm had a better experience before I had to think about getting Premium. I might just use it on my phone when I'm only on the mood for shuffling. Please fix this Spotify. It's really dumb. 😕

remember there is nothing better and cheaper as having your own music on a sd card. only than can you do what you like with it .on Spottify it will never be your own

I am using the no longer available service spirit unlimited. Does the free user thing apply on my phone there as well?

I can play my music without shuffle on my pc and Ipad but when im on my Iphone it can only shuffle and im not premium

That is the stupid and **bleep**ty catch ever mind as well use drop box for music if you cant even pic the song you want to play

I have the same issue, and never had to use the premium option. Ive always ben able to play whatever song i wanted until now. Why is this?

I have the app on my tablet and only use wifi and i can play any song I want. But on my phone it only allows shuffle. Both my tablet and my phone are on the same free account.

The updated version sucks! I'm unistalling spotify

Graham Norton (UK nationwide DJ) has just complained about this today (7th January 2017) on his Radio 2 radio program whilst talking to Sophie Ellis-Bextor. 

They shouldn't change the user experience from desktop to iPhone. If you can play a song as a free user on the desktop it is only reasonable to expect the same functionality on the app.

I have been listening to random chosen tracks since Spotify started. It must be to do with sign in via Facebook etc????

....Or maybe iyou have hit a built in monthly limit?
Marked as solution

Hi no it has to do with spottify rules and regulations you can only play shuffle on phones but on the pc you can pick the song you want .
Spottify is a bit cranky in the rules and regulations department .

You need premium

Yes if you are rich you can do that .
But people without money can play spotify music on the tablet or pc . there they can pick the song they like

I moved to Apple Music for $9.99, which has a wider range of music. Spotify shot itself in the foot for being inconsistent and Apple won my business.

Even for me, I am using an IPod and it doesn't let me choose. But, for some reason, it lets me skip songs on IPad. So, maybe it is just the fact that you are using an iPhone

Yes the tablet will work

I'm trying out Spotify to see it's an upgrade compared to Google Play Music, but not even being able to easily play an entire album the intended way is the dumbest ui/ux decision I've seen in a while. 

You can also play in the iPad xD

Suggested posts