Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Only play song on shuffle play

Solved!

Only play song on shuffle play

I am using iPhone 4s and Spotify app is latest version but no songs will play unless I press shuffle play. Click on the songs does literally nothing.
60 Replies

Thank you for updating - I had very nearly canceled my account because of this issue!

Spotify is complete garbage for this reason. Seriously Shuffle Play Only. is everything now days about getting money or can you just provide good service. 

This is stupid I can play individual songs on my computer for free. Advertising income isn't enough?

Can I get help with this too? I am on my iphone and have the premium account, but still only able to shuffle on phone. Also logged out and back in and uninstalled the software and reinstalled it. The iphone actually says it is a premium account too.

Can I get help with this too? I am on my iphone and have the premium account, but still only able to shuffle on phone. Also logged out and back in and uninstalled the software and reinstalled it. The iphone actually says it is a premium account too.

Agreed 100%. I paid for Spotify premium for over a year, and had never used the free service. I had to cancel the premium for a while, and the free version is TERRIBLE by comparison. Ok, I get it - you have pay walls. And I'm not even all that upset about the shuffle being forced on you - what I *do* hate is that the shuffle will keep playing the same song back to back, and if you fast forward through it, you use up your ability to skip past songs you may not like. Furthermore, if you're trying to shuffle ONE SINGLE ALBUM, it will pull in content from other albums from the same artist. You know what Spotify, maybe I ONLY WANT TO LISTEN TO THAT ONE **bleep**ING ALBUM. The fact that you force a user to not only shuffle play, but then listen to EVERYTHING by an artist jammed into the shuffle experience is kind of a **bleep** move. This is just encouraging me to move my music onto my device and stop using Spotify altogether.

Thanks man! Was driving me crazy! I think this probably pushes a lot of people to go premium

I am using the premium Spotify service, and I'm having the same problem with an iPhone five. I tried to delete and download the app again, and encountered the same problem. It's very frustrating! I would really like to resolve this problem – please advise!

Ok I got one for you...I'm currently a free user (with lots of adverts). On both my PC and iPad i am able to pick and choose the song I want to listen to but on my ipod I am only able to use 'shuffle' or 'Radio'. What's up? On my iPad, along with the normal adverts it also plays adverts for the premium service. One such premium advert states something along the lines of 'with free you can pick the songs you want but with premium you can download, sync, no adverts, etc. So why doesn't it work on thee iPod? (Not really an issue because I usually just shuffle playlists I've made on the computer or do custom radio anyway...just curious why it works on iPad but not iPod) thanks!
Comfort the Disturbed - Disturb the Comfortable

Thank you so much Peter!I was almost going crazy when i saw your solution. 

hi everyone i just upgraded my account and it clearly says premium but i still cant select my songs i can only choose shuffle does anyone know what the problem is?

I had this problem today, but whats strange is I was able to play any song I wanted when I first got the app to give it a try a couple of months ago. But after not being able to select songs I got so frustrated I threw my phone and broke it as a rersult. Good thing my contract was up anyway.  It was an old iPhone so it wasnt much of as loss to me. If it's a restriction on a free account I'd rather have the once and a while adds as opposed to not being able to select a song. This tactic is going to steer coustomers away from upgrading & not help gain a hole lot of coustomers.  I say we should boycot this tactic. Now I'm going back to itunes and youtube for my music needs. Screw spotify.

Why do we have to pay $12.99 for membership instead of 99¢? If you do 99¢ you will get WAYYYY more customers

Not being able to select songs and can't listen to certain ones is Doggy Sh*t! **bleep** spotify, get YouTube and ITunes!

Spotify need to make life simple and have the same service on desktop/iPhone. I moved to Apple as paying $10 on their service gives access to a larger catalog.

Keep your uncompetitive and confusing service offering and your customers will move over to the likes of Apple and Google.

Lol that's great, I can't even chose a song that I want to listen to now without spending money... money hungry douches

This is ridiculous. I know the solution is "yeah that's just how it works for a free use on an iphone" but the question is, as a free user, that isn't how it works on a desktop, so why restrict us here?? what's the **bleep**ing point? on my desktop computer without a paid account, i can play all my playlists, skip as many songs as i want, and click on individual songs. if we can' do that on our computers why not keep it consistant?? makes me want to stop using spotify all together. 

Completely agree. There is no consistency, so it's confusing to a user. It's never simple so as I get more music with Apple music I stopped using Spotify. They will only change if they notice a drop in users.

Tony

This is total BS by Spotify, it's merley a tatic to make you buy a premium account out of frustration by limiting you control inside the app. But when I use Spotify on my home PC I have full control with the occasional ad in between songs. Hulu uses the same BS ploy by limiting there content to free users, basically they make it suck so bad you buy a premium account. However Spotify doesn't run ads on a premium account Hulu does! PEOPLE DON'T BE SUCKED IN BY THIS BUSINESS MODEL! Don't by premium under these circumstances with any company, they already make money from ads! The content shouldn't be limited especially when you can pull up any song you want on youtube!

I agree and that's why I'm using Apple music for the same £9.99 I get more music. Spotify shot themselves in their wallet by not listening. They sent me an offer for 3 months Spotify Premium for £9.99. They can get lost!!! They don't make it easy to get in touch and they don't listen.

Suggested posts