Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Only plays one song and then no more

Solved!

Only plays one song and then no more

My Spotify can only play one track and after that I can´t listen to more tracks, the next track doesn´t start. I have a premium account and I have paid the bill (I have had the same Premium-account for several years).  I have logged in and out and I have deleted the app and tried to re-install it again, but it doesn´t work anyway. What´s the problem???

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @aleema!

Can you try restarting your device by pressing Home + lock for 10 sec.

If that doesn't help, can you try logging in using another account and see if the same happens?

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hey there!

Don't worry, I'll escalate this to staff!

Can you let me know your device, OS version and Spotify version?

iOS 9.2.1 and the Spotify-version is 5.1.0.1019

Thanks!

This has been ongoing since the latest update a few weeks ago. There's another user having the same issues using Spotify in his car & I seem to share both of your problems.
If using Spotify on my iPhone I seem to get 2-3 tracks to play before it abruptly stops & the App crashes. In the car it's worse in that it automatically switches to Apple i-play & I have to switch to my radio as otherwise I'm using data allowance on my mobile. Even as a paying Premium member it seems Spotify are not remotely interested in resolving this despite the Community blogging constantly about this. I fear Spotify will become the new Nokia & Apple or another competitor will step up to the mark for customer service & folk will migrate fast.
Sort it out Spotify before I cancel my subscription at the end of the month.

I'm having similar issues (my playlists have also gone) with the same app and ios version. I wonder if this is only happening to a subset of users?

Perhaps there are some localised data issues or a/b testing going on that triggered this? As in my instance the issue did not correlate with an app update. If there have indeed been issues for a few weeks that is indeed very worrying. I'd have thought Spotify would want to gather more data to isolate the issue.

I'm not sure Hotblack if it's only those on 5.1.0.1019 & iOS but you would think Spotify would act to remedy it after 18 days or more.

I would indeed. But it's obviously not a problem everyone is experiencing so what I'm really surprised about is if there have been no efforts to gather more data and look for patterns. 

I've done a bit more testing my end and things are working for me with 5.1.0.19 on an iPhone 4 (iOS 😎 so this could be an issue with certain hardware/OS combinations. Although I only started seeing this a few of days ago. My post is here

You never know, maybe they've already got a fix lined up and are waiting for the new release. Although again I'd expect some acknolodgement of the problem. 

I've got the same problem since today.. I thought it was my earphone, but it wasn't. It's very frustrating and I hope it will be fixed soon, otherwise it's bye bye spotify

Interesting. Can you let us know what device, OS and spotify version you're using?

Thanks for the quick reply,

I'm using an iPhone 6s, ios 9.2.1 and spotify version is 5.1.0.1019

Cheers,
Joëlla Munster
Marked as solution

Hey @aleema!

Can you try restarting your device by pressing Home + lock for 10 sec.

If that doesn't help, can you try logging in using another account and see if the same happens?

A full device restart helped my problems (even when uninstalling and reinstalling didn't). This imploes an application problem that needs to be addressed, if you've got direct access to spotify support/devs can this be raised? Thanks.

Hope it works for others.

Sure! 

Glad it's working now!

Enjoy the music!

Suggested posts