Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Oops something went wrong (home screen) + unable to see tracks for artists

Oops something went wrong (home screen) + unable to see tracks for artists

Plan

Premium

Country

Denmark 

Device

iPhone 5S

Operating System

iOS 12.2

My Question or Issue

For a week or so now, my Spotify app has been getting increasingly worse. 

On the home-screen i get "oops something went wrong" and when i seach for artists their profile comes up but none of their tracks or any other options. 

Yes, i have logged out/in and deleted/re-installed but nothing changes. Once in a while it will allow me to see the artists tracs, find similar, etc but we are talking 50/50 at this stage. Home-screen has not worked at all for about a week. 

15 Replies

Exactly same problem using iPhone here in UK ☹️

Same issues in France with Prenium. Spotify hides itself behind a WebPage, actually sad.

Same

I am in the US, but I was having the same issue. I noticed there was an app update for Spotify in the Apple app store, so I updated the app and now it seems to be working normally. 

Thanks - i thought it might be something obvious like that but still no luck

Shoot, I must have gotten lucky. I do agree the app has been very iffy lately. It kept crashing on me the other day when I was trying to reorder songs in my queue. I'd reorder 5 or 6 songs, then the app would freeze, and crash. When I re-opened it, none of my reorders had taken, and when I tried to redo them, it crashed again. 

Same thing here. Can’t see discographies of any artist rn.

Same issue here, using a Spotify premium account.

What version are you on? I was having the same issues and saw an update, went to it but still the same problems. My version is 8.5.3.784

Having same problem.  I’ve tried that and nothing has changed. 

I just popped out ot Facebook and people on the Spotify page are commenting about this same issue. Hopefully a larger scale thing they are working on. 

i basically updated to the newest available version about 20mins before posting here 🙂  

Nope. Tried that.

Issue resolved on my side, I didn't do anything. App version is 8.5.2.666 but this is probably unrelated. Great communication Spotify!

Right. Wouldn't hurt to put something on the site (like the message that the 'website' is experiencing issues) or on Facebook that there is an issue they're working on. But that is why they have this 'Community' so we can all help each other for free lol.

Suggested posts