Premium
Country
Germany
Device
iPhone 12 Pro
Operating System
iOS 14.4

My Question or Issue

After a while of playback, the “Open Queue” button stops working. The UI still registers the tap (the queue icon is displayed in grey while the finger is on the button), but nothing happens. It is hard to reproduce, but I saw it several times in the past couple of weeks. Whenever I encountered this issue, I had tracks in the queue.

I’ve attached a screen recording that shows the issue (watch the queue button on lower right).

It goes back to normal when directly playing a track or restarting the app.

I saw that there is https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Mobile-I-can-t-open-quot-Go-to-queue-quot/idi-p/4917..., which is marked as Fixed. However, I’m still seeing this on version 8.5.96.967 (which is the most recent version as of Feb 7, 2021). So it’s either a regression or something new.

I’d love to see this issue fixed soon. Let me know if you require further input from my side.

Thanks,
Aaron

6 Replies

Hey @aaron_k6,

Welcome to the Community!

Can you try to run a clean reinstall of the app. Follow the exact steps from this Spotify Guide. This is a bit different than a normal reinstall as it involves clearing all app data.

Let us know if the issue continues after the reinstall.

We'll be on the lookout to your reply.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @alex, thanks for your help! I just did a clean install as described in the guide. I’ll now need to monitor the issue for a while to see if it’s actually gone. Either way, I’ll report back.

Hi again @aaron_k6

Thanks for your reply. 

Would you mind letting us know if you noticed any difference after performing a clean reinstall of the app?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi Novy,

Thanks for circling back on this one. I haven’t tried it yet as it usually takes a few hours of queue usage for this issue to kick in. So I don’t know yet whether it’s fixed, but I’ll definitely keep you posted!

Aaron

Hey @aaron_k6,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

In case the issue still persists after the clean reinstall, it's also a good idea to try with another account on the same device. That way we can check if it's an account-related issue.

Keep us in the loop!  If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey @Ver,

Unfortunately the issue is still there after the clean reinstall. I’ll try with another account next and will let you know how it goes!

Thanks,
Aaron

Suggested posts