NEXT STEP

Overheating while streaming to other device

Overheating while streaming to other device

Plan - Family (Premium)

Country - United States

Device - iPhone 7 Plus

Operating System - iOS 12

My Question or Issue

When I connect to a device to listen to music (in this case I’m connecting my phone to my Apple TV to listen to Spotify on the stereo) my phone becomes extremely hot and battery drains like crazy. I verified I’m up-to-date on all versions of software (both iOS and Spotify App). The issue appears to be isolated only when connecting to another device. The issue does not occur when I’m listening to music on my phone (with or without using headphones). Any help to solve this would be appreciated as I often connect to devices around my home with my phone. Thank you!

3 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hey Loxer,

Thanks for the reply and yes, I did do a full reboot of the phone and the issue still occurs. Agree reboots fix most problems, so it’s too bad it didn’t fix this issue for me 😔

I’m running version 8.4.73.780

Thanks again!

Hey @RitzKrakrz,

Sorry that didn't help 🙂

Have you tried it with a different network connection?

Also, have you had the chance to try this with another account?

Please let me know.

Suggested posts