Step 1

NEXT STEP

PLEASE fix poor AirPlay connectivity

PLEASE fix poor AirPlay connectivity

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone 11 Pro , iPad 12.9 3rdGen

Operating System iOS, iPadOS

My Question or Issue

I can play iTunes and youtube, etc., to airplay speakers/HomePod fine all day long. However, Spotify regularly disconnects after a song or two. I have had this since before iOS 13 and while using the latest (13.2.2). Lately, it’s been impossible for me to use Spotify on airplay. Not only have I deleted and resintalled the APP multiple times, I’ve reinstalled my entire OS on the devices. I’ve even purchased a new phone and I still have the problem. 

JAS

40 Replies

I’m going to answer my own question. I happened to be having problem with HomePod’s most recent update (and the problem existed *prior* to the update)  so I decided to reset my HomePod (turn off 5 seconds, wait 5 seconds, touch the top, wait until it turns red and beeps three times, let go). I’ve never reset it before, but it then turns out that the Spotify issue was resolved. I note again I never had the issue with iTunes or Youtube, but in any case, it seems resolved. 

I'm having the same problem. The solution from Jimmymonkey66 doesn't work.

Hey @BartAmsterdam,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Could you let us know if the issue persists after resetting your router or using a different internet network? If that doesn't do the trick, it's a good idea to run a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on all devices and restart them. This tends to solve connectivity issues like the ones you're experiencing.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mihail,

I tried that as well. I have reset my HomePod and Spotify App several times. 

I even changed my internet provider a few months ago (new modem etc). The problem still exist, but only for Spotify. No problem with other services like radio, YouTube, Podcast app of Apple. 

Would be great if there is fix, because it's very frustrating. 

Thank you in advance. 

Hey @BartAmsterdam,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you let us know the make, model, OS version and Spotify version of the devices you're experiencing this on? Also could you explain if there was a specific moment after which the issue first appeared - after installing an update or an app maybe? 

Keep us posted, we’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

I am having an issue with Spotify (8.6.2.1041) to play music using Airplay. I am using an Iphone 11 with iOS 14.4 and an the Ipad Air 3rd generation with iOS 14.4.

The music is randomly sent to my speakers via Airplay.  So basically I can connect to the speakers and select them via Airplay but then the music is playing without any sounds on the speakers. The speakers are working with Airplay with other applications so it is not coming for them or form the wifi.

I have reinstalled everything several times and now I am getting a bit nervous to be honest.

Could you please fix the issue?

Thank you

Hi Mihail ,

Sorry for my late reply, I haven't seen your message.

I'm using an iPhone XR (iOS 14.4) , HomePod 14.4, Spotify 8.6.0.904. 

There is no specific moment, it's quite random. 

I'm having a Libratone Zip mini as well. I don't experience any problems on this device. This device is however connected through Wifi and not Airplay. 

I'm having also a Google Home Mini, and don't experience any problems on this device. 

I'm having the problem already for over a year. It's very frustrating. Not sure when it started. But updating app/homepod/iPhone and changing internet provider had no positive effect at all. 

Greetings, Bart 

Hi folks,

Thanks for the detailed info.

Can you let us know if you've tried connecting a different Spotify account to your devices and if you're experiencing the same issue?

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Yes, my housemates experience the same problems: different acounts, different iPhone models. 

Hey @BartAmsterdam,

Can you let us know if you're:

- able to play music if you connect to the devices via a method other than AirPlay (eg. via Bluetooth or aux cable).
- able to check if the router frequency can be changed to 5GHz (if possible) to see if that helps matters.

Keep us posted on your progress.

AlexModerator

I am able to play music if I connect to the devices via a method other than AirPlay (eg. via Bluetooth or aux cable).

I have a 5GHz connection as well.
Still not working

Hey @Pauline7,

Can you let us know if you've ran a clean reinstall of the Spotify apps on your devices? This includes completely removing all app data.

Since she says that other connection methods work okay, it's possible this is linked to your network set up. Can you try the following:

• Restart your router
  • Connect all devices to a different network like a mobile hotspot created from your phone and see if you get the same results as before

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

I have done it at least twice and still not working.

Even though when I am selecting the speaker on Spotify I am hearing the connection but then no sound while the  music is playing. The connection is properly working since I can play music with youtube using Airplay.

Hi there @Pauline7,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you clarify if you've also tried when connecting your mobile devices and speaker to a mobile hotspot?

Cheers.

AlexModerator

I cannot connect my speakers to the hotspot

Hi again @Pauline7

Just to confirm, are you seeing any error message when trying to connect the speakers to the hotspot? 

Keep us posted.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

No error message. It looks like it is connected but no sound.

Hey @Pauline7

Thanks for this info. 

Could you let us know if you tried this with a different account?

Also, did restarting your router made any difference? 

Let us know how you get on with this.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

As I said already, no difference when I restart the router and I have tried with different account and it is the same.

Suggested posts